Think I need a trip

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey a lot of you know the battles I have finding any decent gold here in Mn but I enjoy the battle! Think I may need a little trip to have a chance at finding something a little chunkier. Where would be the closest spot to the Twin Cities you think I could go to find some decent gold? Would like to take a weekend trip, looking for something remote, not a tourist panning operation and not a place I have to worry too much about being on someone's claim, a place there is a good chance for gold where I can explore. Any suggestions? Thanks! If I take one of your suggestions I'll be sure to post a thread about the results! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where would be the closest spot to the Twin Cities you think I could go to find some decent gold? up by Lake Superior for more fine gold talk to Mike from gold cube hes a member here and hes been up there on the beach but I dont know where.

(chunkier) how far west do you want to go one, two states?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like the closest bigger stuff would be Rapid City area, then Denver or Montana or Wyoming. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462172493.877075.jpg

To learn more, use www.mylandmatters.org

Last edited:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your tripin russau !!!LOL I need a trip too , I have been delayed by some work , I have to finish , so much for my prospecting in New Hampshire , by May 1st .

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could do Rapid City I suppose but it's about a 9 hour drive. Would almost need a 3 day weekend or leave on a Friday after work, have all day Saturday and a partial day Sunday. Could be done!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For that area, send a PM to Goody Guy since lives there [emoji106][emoji3]

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't found any Chunky gold in Indiana that's why I travel out west so often. Nuttin' but flour gold round here. :dontknow:

Road trip..........

ZoolanderFrappachinos.gif

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys, just got 2 free plane tickets to anywhere in the U.S. from a friend that is a sup at a travel agency.....and yes....it includes Alaska. I'm not kidding.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't found any Chunky gold in Indiana that's why I travel out west so often. Nuttin' but flour gold round here. :dontknow:

Road trip..........

View attachment 1307970

GG~

Nothing chunky in Indiana!? I am sure whatever you have is better than anything we have here. Just saw a post on FB about some shindig in Indiana for gold panning the weekend of the 23rd.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I sent him a PM after you posted that but never heard back from him. If I were to drive straight west I would be driving pretty close to the NoDak, SoDak state line, if I kept going through it would be Wyoming or Montana. I have always wanted to go to those two states, good hunting out there too.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
california, if you like nuggets. I got the hookup. no joke.

IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

need a truck and hookah gear. this is my unkles finds from 2013 summer.

Last edited:

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
imagin waking up to this at the foot of your bed.
deer1.JPG IMG_0184.JPG

we mined just above that water fall.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and yeah most of the motherload here is at the base of the sierra neveda mountains. nor cal.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottlecap,
Don't know if I'd call NorCal Gorgeous - of course if you leave out the cities its not bad.

Snow Mountain and NFAR Canyon - Copy.jpg ..................63bkpkr

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never been to California so anything I say is based on things I have heard and I could be confusing what I have heard with north/south etc.. So what area of California are you guys recommending? I have vacation I need to burn! So far all I have off is the week of Halloween for bow hunting! If I happen to get a deer before that week off I won't even need that!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions