Who wants to go to the Caribbean?!

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a pan too! Most of the islands are volcanic except the Bahamas. :icon_pirat:

If going snorkeling, wear a diveskin to prevent sunburn and jellyfish stings!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know what island you are going to? I have detected in many of them at one time or another. For sure, get into the water.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All gooses have webbed feet, his are just bigger, after being the water so long...

LOL! They are "Free Diving" fins. They allow you to push a lot of water to get deeper, faster. I like to see how deep I can get on one breath of air. Its fun to freak out SCUBA divers when you meet them at 40-50 feet and hang out with them for a minute.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what island you are going to? I have detected in many of them at one time or another. For sure, get into the water.

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, Double tap.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in Curacao two years ago. They have a penny coin that is really small and went thru the holes in my scoop. Consequently, I dug the darn things multiple times. The couple of beaches I detected had the sand in the water dredged annually. Still I found some silver and gold rings and necklaces (not tons, but got a few). I had no issues detecting in the water (no hassles). I heard great things about Aruba from a fellow who spent 2-3 weeks/year detecting the water there. I don't know anything about St.Tom or Kitts. I hope you have a great adventure.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, I cant wait to see some of those free diving video's!
Try to catch some of those scuba guys expressions when you see them at the bottom. :)

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba.

They've got blue agates down there to find too. I think St. Thomas is US Virgin Islands, which is a national park, so probably no prospecting there.

Try a monofin if you want a fast ride to the bottom!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They've got blue agates down there to find too. I think St. Thomas is US Virgin Islands, which is a national park, so probably no prospecting there.

Try a monofin if you want a fast ride to the bottom!

The national park is only on part of the island of St Johns actually so St Thomas should be good to go if you get permission on private land. Pretty country!!

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back now. Took a few days to go do some digging and I had some issues with the video being corrupted. I decided not to take my metal detector with me, it was just to much extra gear to be packing along with everything else. Here are the first 3 videos and I am still working on the others. I went with a "SluiseGoose" style on the videos. So if you dont like the Goose videos, these may not be for you.

The first video is actually kind of boring as its a silent tour of the ship. Second video is LOTS of snorkeling. Third video is when I start having some fun and you get introduced to the Goose's spousal unit. We had a lot of fun with the St. Kitts video.

I'll be working on the day out to sea, Curacao, Aruba and Puerto Rico videos over the next couple of days. I will add them as I finish them.

PT:1

PT:2

PT:3
See if you can spot the spousal units "Aliens" nod.

PT:4

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump for part 4

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting