Looking for happy camp native.

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im heading up there and would love to connect and share stories with someone that knows the general area. Specifically interested in the Indian creek area,mainly for road conditions ??? Driving a 2wd 4cynclinder lol

I got the fever bad and always enjoying learning and listening about this art form.

Many blessings.

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try the New 49ers forum. You 'll get the answers you need. Last I heard Grey Back pass was open - Indian Creek area
The New 49'ers

ratled

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only person I know of from Happy Camp is T.J. Dillishaw, the former
UFC Bantamweight champ.

OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any way of checking road conditions besides calling the local rangers office and/or checking it out yourself?

Specifically looking for info on 19N06 and 18N32

Thanks.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Forest Service has road closure maps that they give you for free. What the specific physical condition of a particular road is you might be able to get from the local office. Good luck.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Looking for a Happy Camp Native"....careful what you ask for.
That is a rough and tumble town.

Seems like there has been an increase in the number of suspicious deaths in that area in the last couple years.

Some along remote roads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Looking for a Happy Camp Native"....careful what you ask for.
That is a rough and tumble town.

Seems like there has been an increase in the number of suspicious deaths in that area in the last couple years.

Some along remote roads.

Careful what I ask for... Which was some information. And what do you mean by rough and tumble and suspicious deaths?
I'm not sure how exactly to interpret this.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not ask the folks who are actually there...... see my earlier post

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would try the New 49ers forum. You 'll get the answers you need. Last I heard Grey Back pass was open - Indian Creek area
The New 49'ers

ratled

You mean this one? http://www.goldgold.com/ The one that takes you directly to the best link for that specific area? Why don't cha just tell him to just say hi to Dave while you're at it? He'll probably get a guest pass now.

JK of course but IF I had a few days to spare...I'd go RFN cuz that's a spot you'll wanna spend some time at...and especially during summertime! Dredge or not. :icon_thumright:

Shh! I have little enuf land to explore as it is ratled. Jeez :angry9: OH WELL....here ya go...http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/501796-new-49-ers-news-letter.html

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chewyspark

It was intended to be a joke, but poorly executed.
There are many good people in H.C. Don't get me wrong.

There are also some tough characters there as well and I'm not sure there is much law enforcement presence there.
Seems like there have been quite a few murders in that area in the last few years given the small population.
The most recent was in Jan. of this year.

OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive looked into the 49ers forum so thanks for that link. Dont think ill be heading there anymore due to rain :'''(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread