Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Trump Save the miners

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2014
    Vacaville CA
    SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
    387 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofx View Post
    Last year we hauled 425 coal sets out of Gillete Wy each month . Our anointed one goes to the world summit and coal is being shut down . We are moving 125 sets a month now .
    What is a coal set you ask?
    A train hauling 115 cars of coal . Total weight .... 14,000 tons.
    We have 4500 guys furloughed on the BNSF railroad . UP even more .About 1500 coal miners laid off in the last 6 months.
    Solar , great. But what about all the toxic chemicals that get spewed . Glad its China and not us right.....
    The problem is noboady looked at a plan that would ease people into unemployement.
    But look at it this way , I'll have a lot of time to prospect...
    Greg
    Yeah, that's my hometown and it has put a number of family and friends out of work. If nothing changes, all of North Eastern Wyoming is going to turn into a string of ghost towns.

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    751 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenT View Post
    Where do you get the rocks?
    Gillete, Wyoming

Methodic rock washer

Jan 2016
    Needles Ca
    Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I ran out of Edgemont. After being raised in the East bay area of California , I LOVE small town America.
    Greg
    kcm likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10515 times
    Prospecting

Trump Save the miners

Coal is getting killed here in CO by the electric company using a combo of wind and low cost natural gas. That's the new reality for coal mining unless we can get the export process ramped up. The electric co says wind/gas is cheaper than coal. It's economics not politics...

PS I used to consult for Amax Coal, which ran a couple big mines outside Gillette, as you probably know. I was up there a couple times in the 90's and really enjoyed seeing the operations from the inside. You really have my sympathy and support. Can I suggest getting into construction and moving to metro Denver? TONS of jobs to be had! (And gold in the creeks in town as you've seen from my prospector's journal)

PPS if Trump wants to help get our coal exports going he's going to have to reconsider his crazy idea about slapping a big tariff on Chinese imports. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; May 13, 2016 at 03:09 PM.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7025 times
    The technology already exists that coal for power plants really isn't needed any longer. Same for wind/solar. Problem is, the folks that are making money on the production and use of coal don't want to quit using coal in its entirety. The only ones that want to end coal completely are the ones who have vested interests in other things. Hmm...now why was Obrother pushing solar so hard?!?!?

Btw, that's not politics - that's GREED!! .....Ok, so it IS politics!
    KevinInColorado and arizau like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links