Trump Save the miners

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got bombed about a speech Trump gave, I think yesterday or the day before, where Trump gave a speech to save the miners. I don't follow this stuff much or watch the news and all of their sound bites but I might want to hear/read this. Anyone have a link or know what speech this was part of?

TIA

ratled

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it.
It will have a positive spin on all miners on all scales

S

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was probably about coal miners .

Hellery made this speech saying she would put them out of Business.

Please Note * Politics is not allowed unless it Fits the Category some way.
I do believe the part on Mining fits so I will allow so far.
though I did not Listen to Trumps Ramble. I don't know if he brought up Miners

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A miner is a miner. The hacks target one form of mining, who is next ? We stick together or we hang seperately.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll vote for anyone that has intentions to stop the excessive payouts to the envioro groups that start all of these darn bill's that get passed.........and at least here in Oregon every single Democrat has to go!!!!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering how many coal fired power plants are still in operation shutting down coal mining most likely wouldn't be the wisest choice of actions. Millions of people without electricity would lead to instant impeachment if not a lynch mob. (...and I DON'T mean the band!)

People STILL need to learn that without miners and mining they wouldn't have ANY of their modern toys!

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in my opinion. the only way to shut down a coal mine is to shut down a coal fired electric plant. basic supply and demand. the only way to shut down a coal fired electric plant is to get electricity from another source . now if I get solar power on my roof does that mean im putting a coal miner out of work? probably ! How ever, how many miners have I put to work to provide the raw materials for my solar panels? We all need electricity to do our work. We can not do with out it for very long. there are clean ways to produce it but all ways need miners. Bryan in Denver Colorado

Skunked68w

Jul 25, 2015
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive for uber in the Denver metro area and I drive lots of Eco-nazis. I love telling them about my panning hobby because they freak out on me. Then I get to tell them how everything they eat, own and use is because of mining. They then say we don't eat rocks or wear rocks. I then point out their synthetic fiber shirt(from petroleum), the salad they had for lunch(from potash and petro fertilizer) and the lights at there house( from coal/nuclear/gas). By the end of the ride I usually can convince about the positives of mining. But some are so rabid and lost nothing gets through.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
in my opinion. the only way to shut down a coal mine is to shut down a coal fired electric plant. basic supply and demand. the only way to shut down a coal fired electric plant is to get electricity from another source . now if I get solar power on my roof does that mean im putting a coal miner out of work? probably ! How ever, how many miners have I put to work to provide the raw materials for my solar panels? We all need electricity to do our work. We can not do with out it for very long. there are clean ways to produce it but all ways need miners. Bryan in Denver Colorado

I mine and use solar as well. There's no reason that mining and using clean energy can't go hand in hand. I've been working on a design for a solar system to go on my mining trailer that will provide power for sluice pumps as well as any other electric tools I want to use. Pull up to the work site with the 8 deep cycle batteries already charged and I can go right to work. The panels keep them topped off and I'll have enough power left over for an evening rock concert with light show in the middle of the desert should I so choose.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I drive for uber in the Denver metro area and I drive lots of Eco-nazis. I love telling them about my panning hobby because they freak out on me. Then I get to tell them how everything they eat, own and use is because of mining. They then say we don't eat rocks or wear rocks. I then point out their synthetic fiber shirt(from petroleum), the salad they had for lunch(from potash and petro fertilizer) and the lights at there house( from coal/nuclear/gas). By the end of the ride I usually can convince about the positives of mining. But some are so rabid and lost nothing gets through.

Some people just can't give up the only belief system they've had in their lives no matter how much sense/wisdom you try to impart to them. You might try this tactic.... Ask them to name something they use that contains nothing that is mined or grown! That makes them have to think it out for themselves.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sad to witness the disconnect from fundamentals that modern day society had created. It's scary to think that some are so ignorant to truly believe that mining is evil when in reality it is the most basic and important fundamental of just about everything that modern day man has to his benifit today. Shame on those that belive otherwise. Ignorance at its best.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's all a scam, No matter where they think the energy or whatever is going to come from? Something has to be mined!

Ok, so we all go to solar? We need batteries! Lead or Lithium, copper,etc.. Has to come from somewhere! It's who ever has interest in what? Or goes along with the Human caused global warming scam.

I've never been in the big operating coal mines. I've seen the monster piles and miles of train along the ohio river though! Barges full of it too! These are huge mines! And I can't remember the name off hand. They are huge and employ thousands of people. You shut those down? Those towns are gone! It is the only thing supporting some area's. Same in Alabama and I'm sure many other places! Can't be done! Shutting those down like she talks about? would be A mess and effect a lot of families! From miners, trains,trucks,barges,equipment and tools,towns,business's etc....And the people behind her cheering! Have no clue what they are even cheering for! It's like a cult type following! :laughing7:

I don't even live out West and can't believe what laws and regulations some of you have to know just to be able to go work a high banker or dredge!! If your even allowed! It's dirt!!!! :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I see most of these wacoenviromentalists being youg and colledge people EAGER to be rebellious and against the gubermint! I think to some extent everyone goes through this phase but get out of it eventually when they finnaly do realize whats up and who is pulling whos leg ! A great book to read is :Setup and sold out By (if I remember correctly) Holly Swenson . That book ROCKED my ole bones!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trump is also looking to rein in the power of the EPA. :icon_thumleft:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trump is also going after the BLM!

“The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians,”

“Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation.”

Trump: BLM ?damaging economy,? ?impediment to growth? » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Last edited:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I am not going to get into politics here, but I believe that the wrong choice in November will mean people can kiss their gold pans and guns goodbye.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread