froth flotation cells and columns

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im looking for others that are using froth flotation for the concentration of PGMs I have been doing it with good results for my sulfide type ore.
all of the gold in my ore is tied to the pyrite. I have heard of a few people out there that are using this system and would love to hear from them here. I have built my own column and am about to go into production as soon a some more plumbing is finished. it seams to me that there is no equipment for the small production of ore via flotation. There is equip for running 100s of tons a day or lab equipment for a few lbs a day. I do know there are a lot of mines using this system and very few are reporting less than 95% recovery rates. One mine near me in boulder county is reporting 100% recovery. so I am opening a thread dedicated to all things flotation. Bryan in Denver Colorado :hello2:

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian, do you know BigontheBlue from the Colorado Gold Camp forum? He has prospecting, engineering and fabrication experience and might be a good contact for you on this. private message me if interested.

Also, Al Mosch at the Phoenix mine (and other mines) has the scale of floatation tanks you are seeking. A visit up there might show you a lot. I was looking at his old setup just a week ago when I took some out of town friends to tour his mine :) He is up in Idaho Springs btw.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floatation cells utilizing eucalyptus oil were the rage at American Flats facility outside Carson City. Roast them sulfides to free up that gold from complex sulfide agents-google will keep you busy for years-John

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this is my tails tanks. this is where the gange settles out of the water and the water then goes down the white pipe and gets pumped back to to the mill and the flotation column . 100% of the water is recycled. When the 100 gal tank is full of tails i open a valve at the bottom and let the water drain into the lower tank. then shovel out the big tank into sand bags add lime and then back to the mine to be used as building fill for many projects.

Attachments

• tailstanks.jpg
    tailstanks.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 77
  • tailstank2.jpg
    tailstank2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 78
  • tailstanks3.jpg
    tailstanks3.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this is most of my froth system. the silver tower is the froth column (on left) and the jaw crusher and ball mill way in the back. The blue tank with drill on top is the conditioner tank (the last step before going into the column . the the tails go into the big black tank and the solids settle and the water goes back to the ball mill. this is a big upgrade over my last system which was able to do a very good job of concentrating the ore.

Bryan in Denver

Attachments

• frothsystem.jpg
    frothsystem.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 81

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread