Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: frustration

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11683 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    And whatever pump you do end up getting and installing , Please use anti-seize compound on all threads . youll be happy if you do! I use it on everything , even my wheel studs for my truck and trailers.
    What say you Russ? There should be a gasket between the backing plate and housing right?

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3735 times
    a lot of people have had problems matching up engines to the p90 style pump forever.
    you can say the manufacturer without putting a direct link my guess is Jobe Wholesale
    it should have a paper gasket. might be worth it to spend a little more and go with keene, proline or dahlke
    Goldwasher, russau and NeoTokyo like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    a lot of people have had problems matching up engines to the p90 style pump forever.
    you can say the manufacturer without putting a direct link my guess is Jobe Wholesale
    it should have a paper gasket. might be worth it to spend a little more and go with keene, proline or dahlke
    I agree with winners58 on this. That is what I did for my 2 cycle eng/pump when trying to get something done! I called and talked to Mark Keene and got their eng/pump with the 2.5 HP Honda 4 stroke with the P90 Im a happy camper now! and as far as putting a gasket between the housing and the backing plate , Ive seen and been around very good machineing of metals and Ive seen some great work that didn't need a gasket , BUT on this pump and questionable manufactor location ,Id say it WOULD need a gasket with its vibration while running. It sounds like someone sent you the wrong part. BUT who am I !!!!!!!!!!!!
    winners58 likes this.

us
    Rob

Oct 2012
    Kingfield, Maine
    240 times
    The Honda GXH50 is manufactured with different shafts (Q and T). The GXH50-Q is what the Jobe pump was designed for and is all that is offered as a stand alone GXH50 engine so I would not expect Jobe to have a impeller to fit a T style shaft. The GXH50 T is the engine used on the WX15. Simply the wrong shaft type for the Jobe pump. You can see both shaft styles offered including others on Honda's GX120 specifications page. Honda Engines | GX120 4-Stroke Engine | Features, Specs, and Model Info
    I would try and find a GHX50 stand alone engine to fit the pump and put the WX15 back together for other uses.
    NeoTokyo likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hhhh well when I called yesterday day their dude was gone.

Trying to research I found several places that say the gxh50 model number is wx15......of course this gonna be a pain. This is the pump and motor we have. It looks the same as the one in their catalog. It is jobe. If there is some sort of difference and has been confusion before they should have a disclaimer.

I'll let you know what they have to say
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1462908696709.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	1310829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1462908679057.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	1310828  

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Which is obviously a wx. The honda site doesn't list wx15 as a model available anymore. Unless I'm missing it

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Just talked to a helpful fella in the shop. he believes they have some impellars stashed aay that ill fit our motor. If not he says i can have it machined for ours. The hole is 1/4 inch so there is enough meat to have it tapped to the right size.

it is really dumb that they don't list the specs in any of their catalogs. I really don't think I goofed up by not looking at the cover of the pull starter as that is the only place that states the motor model.

Thanks for the input guys it helped me figure out the right info to fugure this out.
    bobw53 and Jeff95531 like this.

us
    Rob

Oct 2012
    Kingfield, Maine
    240 times
    I found this parts catalog. There is actually 4 different shaft styles which can be found on page B7 and diagrams in C5. Hope this helps determine which one you have. http://skyforceracing.com/site1/wp-c...ts-catalog.pdf
    russau and NeoTokyo like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Ours is definitely a wxp15

us
    Rob

Oct 2012
    Kingfield, Maine
    240 times
    A inexpensive alternative is to buy the china copy of the GXH50 on ebay. It comes without a tank for use with motorized bicycles. Search for HuaSheng 49cc with 5/8" Straight Shaft Engine Only (4-stroke) Gas Motorized
    Goldwasher and NeoTokyo like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links