fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GW- Don't let him get to ya. Remember the old adage about wrestling with a pig in mud.

I really don't mind the club folks who pay money to play on the clubs claims. For the most part the vast majority are paying to play in a givin spot, not roaming the country side trespassing on anothers claim. They are putting money into the economy and increasing the size of our community. Many are doing a good job of educating and generating an interest for our youth as well which is the key to our longterm surival. I really don't even mind the occasional club guy that wonders off the club claim onto one of ours, at least he thinks he's where he's supposed to be. I do however mind the guy that waltz' thru the claim knowing full well he's not supposed to be there but don't give a chit because he thinks his "independent free spirit" is above it all.

In the grand scheme of things how many clubs are also full time mining rights advocacy organizations? 3 maybe 4? Most clubs just provide a place for folks to prospect, they're not in the advocacy category at all (even tho they should be). Good or bad the 3 or 4 are not what I'd call a real representative sample of the mining community as a whole, or the grand root cause for all our problems. On the flip side of that those 3 or 4 have done and supplied what 80% give or take of the fund raising and funds to keep the crucial cases alive in court. Anyone that thinks the way the legal system functions now a days is different or more corrupt than before didn't pay much attention in class. Folks need to stop looking for someone to blame, and spend more time doing what they can themselves, seeing involvement inspires involvement. Terry nailed it, it takes more interest and more cash- period, passion don't amount to a hill of beans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread