Unlucky Day

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like I'm a doofus ;) Went down do work on the hole yesterday. I planned on sluicing. The other day the water was alread getting to low for sluicing at the capacity I want so I planned on power sluicing.
Get down there dust off the big feed box/ nugget trap. Get the classifacation apron on recover sluices set. Hoses out...grab the gas to fuel up and well...the guy in charge of carrying the pump down blew it...I should write him up!

I almost walked back to my rig and drove back to the house it's barely twenty minutes round trip. I decided to have a go with piped water. Not really wanting to redo the weir that is letting more flow past the intake than I want. I figured I would classify and run what I could.
Sure enough I was getting build up. I would rather feed slow than add too much drop. I reversed the set up putting the usual gold hog secondary in front of my coarse sluice because it runs decent with lower flow.
I ended up only running two partial buckets. I was not gonna sit there and feed with a scoop. I ended up throwing on my mask and grabbed my screwdriver and snuffer. Cleaned cracks in the bottom of the drop we've been opening up.

Gold in the sluice and gold in the snuffer. More crystalline stuff. More spongy And more green stuff...getting into the electrum range there has been silver and copper found in this drainage.
Guess it's ok for Friday the 13th...maybe I should have worn a hockey mask ;)

Attachments

• 1463236421941.jpg
    1463236421941.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 1463236443464.jpg
    1463236443464.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 1463236461860.jpg
    1463236461860.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reunited.....

Attachments

• 1463236498850.jpg
    1463236498850.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 178
  • 1463236509160.jpg
    1463236509160.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 186

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I am actually interested in seeing your good days if this is your bad day. It would be enough to please me.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about a bad day......looks pretty dang good to me!
It is. I'm being a smart@@@ about it. The unlucky part is how much of the material I didn't get to run. That's from maybe six gallons of minus 1/2 classified. The pipe feeding me about 20 gpm at 1 fps. Too slow and low for that size material in our sluices. I had intentions on 45 or so gpm, at 2fps much more productive after the nugget trap its 1/4 classifacation great for the gold hog matts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am actually interested in seeing your good days if this is your bad day. It would be enough to please me.
Never said it as bad just "unlucky" also it was Friday the 13th....There are a lot of days that don't get shown as well as a lot of other pictures I would like to share of things we do. But, well you know ;)

This is a fun little pocket because of all the character and freshness. I know that a lot of you would like to see these types of pieces so, I'll share some of it with ya.

You know your not having a bad day when your alone in the middle of no where talking outloud into your snorkle:thumbsup: 8-)

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some great looking gold!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn that is some fine gold, good old Friday the 13th. :D

I like that wire like frog legged picker there too!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ahh ok, its that one. :)
I thought it looked familiar but I figured that you got lucky again. :D

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like another check list problem GW . I thought we covered this in a previous " failure to check the check list " post . :laughing7:

It's a ***** when the same snake bite's ya twice ain't it . Of course when you turn that kind of shine in spite of the bite , it ain't
so bad .

Nice unlucky day man . :skullflag:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like another check list problem GW . I thought we covered this in a previous " failure to check the check list " post . :laughing7:

It's a ***** when the same snake bite's ya twice ain't it . Of course when you turn that kind of shine in spite of the bite , it ain't
so bad .

Nice unlucky day man . :skullflag:

Yea well it was on the checklist ....it was sitting next to the gas can when I grabbed stuff to put in the rig I grabbed my water bottle went in to fill it came out and was talking to my son about school work...and Shazam ....
My claim is ten minutes from the house so it's not like I'm loading up for a weekend it was actually the first day this season I was thinking I may need the pump....and I guess I wasn't thinking I needed it subconsciously.

Luckily I have no shortage of cracks or stuff to dig that doesn't require too much water.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea well it was on the checklist ....it was sitting next to the gas can when I grabbed stuff to put in the rig I grabbed my water bottle went in to fill it came out and was talking to my son about school work...and Shazam ....
My claim is ten minutes from the house so it's not like I'm loading up for a weekend it was actually the first day this season I was thinking I may need the pump....and I guess I wasn't thinking I needed it subconsciously.

Luckily I have no shortage of cracks or stuff to dig that doesn't require too much water.

Nice gold only 600 seconds from the house ............ hard to beat that man . 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread