Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Big gold mine still out there to be found?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2014
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Big gold mine still out there to be found?

Most stories are from the 1800s about gold mines. Someone talking a shortcut or getting lost and then stumble upon a goldmine. Seems like we never hear of these stories nowadays?
    So do you think theres still a big goldmine out there? A goldmine like the the Lost dutchman mine with gold lying on the surface to be found?

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22299 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yes, yes I do.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4121 times
    That's what keeps me keepin' on
    stefen and russau like this.

us
    Jul 2004
    Angels Camp,Ca.
    733 times
    Besides being lucky enough to come across a micro scopic gold field that's gone unnoticed by the new technologies,one's chances are very slim..but possible.There are blind quartz veins that never surface,and perhaps over the past centuries mother nature has exposed some high grade ore by now.Lost mines were likely lost because they never existed in the first place.Every year there are thousands of people camping out,hiking,hunting,chasing cows and sheep.metal detecting and placering and yet as far as we know..the lost mines remain lost.Some of these so called lost mines were in areas where there are no known zones of mineralization,so it would be unlikely for any gold to be found in such places,but I guess it's possible if gold is where you find it/or it finds you.It's surely possible that narrow and shallow rich gold bearing veins still exist in the western states,but constant enough and with proven ore shoots at depth..unlikely.I know of one scenario where a fellow found rich highgrade on a mining claim abandoned by a big company which never had the area prospected and sampled correctly.Guess they didn't think the claims had enough proven ore and without that proof no one will invest on speculation.This property will never be a mine though as it's just lightly prospected with metal detectors.One thing is for certain,if you never look and dream,you will never find it.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4091 times
    Prospecting
    I know for a fact there is good gold in my area and I also know (like the song says) it don't come easy.

Last edited by Jeff95531; May 19, 2016 at 11:21 PM.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us
    mine owner

Mar 2016
    Denver
    126 times
    Prospecting
    Reading in the old mining journals I have seen many stories of the "new" owner digging a few feet more and finding a much larger vein the the last owner was digging next to for years and never new it. also when ever a core drill project is under taken in a known mining area they seem to find untouched zones that look rely good. I expect this summer to get to clean out a silver mine shaft that actualy had an assay of silver over 6.300 oz per ton. and had a 500 lb nugget of nearly pure silver come from it. I am hoping to get in it and be the first to use a metal detector in it. the rise in gold and silver prices has made old mines a interesting venture again. Bryan in Denver CO

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6646 times
    The real problem is not finding a decent prospect, it's the bureaucracy you must deal with(bloody insanity) to permit any op of any size in this litigaseous environutz run world. John

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1872 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    The real problem is not finding a decent prospect, it's the bureaucracy you must deal with(bloody insanity) to permit any op of any size in this litigaseous environutz run world. John
    poppycock, the real problem is nobody wants to work that hard, and they just want the big money.

and real decent prospects you do realize we are the last of i believe the 6th generation of miners looking over the same grounds for the same thing, if they would of had bleepers youd find nothing !!!!!

GT................

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4512 times
    Well, yes I do! Why?

I've hiked the NFAR for fifty years, a lot of that time as I hiked I saw no other human beings though in a few places I did see signs that I was not the first to be in there. The portion of the country with Known gold resources is large to vast, the crust has not stopped moving and as it moves new deposits will be exposed, that is if you are looking for a vein. There are still ancient river beds remaining that have not been exposed though they could be at any time. I've posted pictures on this site of the very edges of an ancient river just starting to erode out of the topsoil so I know they exist. So, there are some very wild places out there where most humans never attempt to reach as it just takes too much time and effort. Then along comes a loner like myself that enjoys taking the time to explore the 'back country' and sees the slow but constant workings of the Natural Events of the seasons breaking off the faces of cliffs into a pile of slabs at the base of the cliffs. There are many ways the next vein will be exposed, a person just needs to work their butt off to find it..................63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10103 times
    Prospecting
    60% of the mineable gold is still in the ground in California. That's a stone cold fact. 7 year study released as Gold Resources in the Tertiary Gravels of California in 1968. That doesn't even cover hard rock deposits.

The percentage is even higher in other states.

Go get u sum!

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    11706 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    WLL,
    Welcome to Treasure Net !
    I think you'd have a better chance finding a gold deposit versus finding an abandoned yet profitable mine.
    Don.....

us
    Feb 2014
    Vacaville CA
    SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
    387 times
    Prospecting
    Now if they'd just invent a vaccine for poison oak....

Aug 2015
    1067 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AU_Solitude View Post
    They have.... EYES and FEET. See it ..Walk around it.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11695 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AU_Solitude View Post
    Go to a compounding pharmacy they make a tincure that is essentially an inocculation. Builds up you immunity.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11695 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep691 View Post
    They have.... EYES and FEET. See it ..Walk around it.
    A lot harder to do when the areas you work are poison oak nurseries....One more thing to put up with knowing it keeps people out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links