Cleaning Your Concentrates - Video on Final Cleaning

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can skip the part in the video about the Multi Sluice and go to the final panning.
That point is about 12:30 in the video.
This is the ONE THING I teach and focus on when doing classes at outings etc.
I REALLY tried to get the "feel" of this method and technique across the best I could.
Once you learn it... it really will change you life in regards to panning and finishing
your cons. It works REALLY well on very fine gold.
Hope it helps.
Doc

Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Nice video, Doc. It does look easy. One point, though. When using in an area with platinum (osmium, iridium, palladium), save what looks like lead. It might not be.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, Doc. It does look easy. One point, though. When using in an area with platinum (osmium, iridium, palladium), save what looks like lead. It might not be.

For us... it's just redneck birdshot.
:)

1birdshot.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice video, I have that same scale :)

Note for those learning the technique Doc is demonstrating: classify further than he did for an easier time tapping. His material was all -30...by separating out the -50 or -60 material, you'll have to do the process twice but it's much easier and faster.

Also, did you notice how he uses his fingers and when done touching the material, he taps his fingers in the water? This keeps your gold in the pan instead of sticking to your finger :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions