Is it GOLD? Best few dollars youll spend.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it GOLD? Best few dollars you'll spend.

This question comes up a LOT on forums with newbies.

EVERY new prospector should have one of these.
We have about 20 scattered everywhere and I ALWAYS have one in my "man purse".
Easy now............ I'm gender neutral today.

http://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-Lighted-High-Power-Eye-Loupe/dp/B0052G7EX8/

Best $3.90 you'll ever spend.

Doc

1pennygold.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doc, I've got tons of the ones just below that. Always have one in my pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-Microscope-Jeweler-Magnifier-Adjustable/dp/B00B6OVOT0/ref=pd_sim_328_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41%2Bkeo4vS5L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0QXFJZBAW2DJQCNWBR0N

If you are willing to wait, you can buy them by the dozen out of China (on e-bay)... For just about $2 each with shipping.. I've given a ton of them away, once people play
with them they want one, so I let them keep it, and pull out a back up.

The one I linked to there, somebody makes an i-phone case that you can snap that sucker onto and take picture through it...

And batteries... I got a RUDE awakening a while ago when I only had one of the scopes with me and the batteries were dead.. $7.50 at the hardware store for 3 batteries :BangHead:
It was only $2 for the entire thing, and it came with batteries...

I ended up buying a package of 100 batteries on e-bay for $7.50, free shipping... Granted they aren't Energizers, and they won't last as long, but they do last and they only cost
3% of what they do at the hardware store.

Get GOLD HOG printed on the side and give one away with each high banker you sell???

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, maybe I need to pick up a case of them. I've owned / own dozens of them over the years.

For the life of me, I can't find one right now! Been looking off and on for days!

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes........ cheaper to buy them whole rather than replace the batteries you are correct.
I've used a BUNCH of the years and that lighted 30 power side is what I ALWAYS turn to.
Also, you can hold it over your IPHONE camera and have a good macro lens adapter.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....... good stuff. We did give some away last year.

The second thing I do is tell people to BUY REAL PLACER GOLD.....
FOLLOW ME HERE...........
People will spend hours and hours driving, panning, walking, etc... then ask "is this gold?"
They may go months "wondering" and never finding any or knowing.
Once you actually see gold... under a loupe... you'll never have to ask that question again.
Spend $20 and buy some cons off EBAY so you ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT GOLD LOOKS LIKE.....
Once you work those cons and become an "expert" on panning them, take that gold
and add it to your local DIRT. Then practice panning that dirt with the gold added.
Do 100's of pans... watch videos... and practice the techniques.
Expert panners are experts because they have repeated the skill 1000's and 1000's of times refining that skill.
And... they are willing to try new techniques and not be stubborn.
A trait we can overcome often with age.
:)
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread