Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By TAKODA

Thread: Question on Soil type

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Chris

Mar 2016
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Garrett AT Gold
    22 times
    Prospecting

Question on Soil type

So I was able to obtain a list of soil survey in the local stream I prospect in. It contains the following: 356G – Hayden-Storden loams, 25 to 40 percent slopes are glacial till soils on the uplands; 566C – Moingona loam, 5 to 9 percent slopes and 566D – Moingona loam, 9 to 14 percent slopes are loamy foot slope soils; 485 – Spillville loam, 0 to 2 percent slopes, 1636 – Buckney fine sandy loam, channeled, 0 to 2 percent slopes, and 2485B – Spillville-Buckney complex, 2 to 5 percent slopes, are loamy and sandy alluvial soils on the floodplain. Any thoughts on if this would be a hot spot for gold?

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2008
    Alabama
    1049 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanProspector View Post
    So I was able to obtain a list of soil survey in the local stream I prospect in. It contains the following: 356G — Hayden-Storden loams, 25 to 40 percent slopes are glacial till soils on the uplands; 566C — Moingona loam, 5 to 9 percent slopes and 566D — Moingona loam, 9 to 14 percent slopes are loamy foot slope soils; 485 — Spillville loam, 0 to 2 percent slopes, 1636 — Buckney fine sandy loam, channeled, 0 to 2 percent slopes, and 2485B — Spillville-Buckney complex, 2 to 5 percent slopes, are loamy and sandy alluvial soils on the floodplain. Any thoughts on if this would be a hot spot for gold?

My thought is ....... that type of info about a stream is not going to help you determine if some gold is in it .

Just do some panning man .
    " A man should look for what is , and not for what he thinks should be ". Albert Einstein

us
    Jun 2014
    East Coast
    201 times
    Prospecting
    In order for that info to help you need the corresponding descriptions for each soil series. Should be able to find all the soil survey info for free online. Also it can be downloaded and run as an overlay in Google earth.

Hope that helps some.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links