UrbanProspector

Greenie
Mar 13, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I was able to obtain a list of soil survey in the local stream I prospect in. It contains the following: 356G – Hayden-Storden loams, 25 to 40 percent slopes are glacial till soils on the uplands; 566C – Moingona loam, 5 to 9 percent slopes and 566D – Moingona loam, 9 to 14 percent slopes are loamy foot slope soils; 485 – Spillville loam, 0 to 2 percent slopes, 1636 – Buckney fine sandy loam, channeled, 0 to 2 percent slopes, and 2485B – Spillville-Buckney complex, 2 to 5 percent slopes, are loamy and sandy alluvial soils on the floodplain. Any thoughts on if this would be a hot spot for gold?

Upvote 0

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I was able to obtain a list of soil survey in the local stream I prospect in. It contains the following: 356G — Hayden-Storden loams, 25 to 40 percent slopes are glacial till soils on the uplands; 566C — Moingona loam, 5 to 9 percent slopes and 566D — Moingona loam, 9 to 14 percent slopes are loamy foot slope soils; 485 — Spillville loam, 0 to 2 percent slopes, 1636 — Buckney fine sandy loam, channeled, 0 to 2 percent slopes, and 2485B — Spillville-Buckney complex, 2 to 5 percent slopes, are loamy and sandy alluvial soils on the floodplain. Any thoughts on if this would be a hot spot for gold?

My thought is ....... that type of info about a stream is not going to help you determine if some gold is in it .

Just do some panning man . :coffee2:

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In order for that info to help you need the corresponding descriptions for each soil series. Should be able to find all the soil survey info for free online. Also it can be downloaded and run as an overlay in Google earth.

Hope that helps some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread