goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it should keep you out of the bars and out of trouble if nothing else! Any idea on how fast it will eat up materials? Yards an hour/day?

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will try to make a video tomorrow of some 5 gallon buckets getting run through , dirt is concentrates from last year already panned out , but i will throw some lead in , all legs are fully adjustable up to 16 inches of travel , to adjust for terrain and wash speed , i work alone but hoping to move 50 or more buckets a day every day , provided my heart dont give out , im sure i will never be able to feed it to its capacity

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like it's time to invest in a small loader and save your back and heart! Just remember to stay safe out there and have a check in schedule with friends or family as a "just in case".

Keep us posted on how it goes when you can.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely , all safety precautions taken , i have a beautiful wife and daughter waiting at home , mini excavator could be nice eventually , although i like the hard work , i just did 12 tons of landscape in the last 2 weeks , its like training i figure , lol , i will update as possible , leaving next weekend , 2 week countdown

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Id expect you would mount it on a trailer / boat / floats ? and fill it with a dredge or a mini excavator. and 2 more guys to keep the out flow clear at the end of the sluice box and rock ejector . maybe a atv could drag it around? set it up high on a hill but close to your dig . and close to a water supply . lots of give and take to doing it. good luck Bryan in Denver Colorado

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That trommel is a real beauty! Congrats on that. Where are you going with it?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Very nice Job!! Yep a little tan/green/black matt spray paint would take the shine out of her! Plus the paint would turn down the heat from the Suns reflection! Great suggestion about using a trailer and a ATV!!!

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep i will set up on smaller hill , near my bench , keep my outflows moving away , maybe wheelbarrow my rocks from ejector if needed , thanks for the luck and insight , i have 80 acres in nevada county california.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
just finishing my new toy , cant dredge , highbankers to slow , hope this cures my itch, its all aluminum , breaks down into pieces , heaviest piece is about 70 lbs , seven trips carrys it all in , plus fuel as needed , needs camo still , lol , in 2 weeks im headed out for a few months , really looking forward to this season

That is very nice; you said it still needs cammo, does that mean you are painting it. Have you considered something like Rhino liner.

Just out of curiosity, what should it be able to handle per hour? Also how much did it cost?

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i kinda like the shine , might not paint it , but i dont want to stand out like a beacon either , i have spent about 2 grand making it , i have not tested it enough to know its capability , i would expect about 1 to 1.5 yards per hour , the drum has a 15.25 inch inside diameter and is 7 feet long , 24 inches of 3/4 punch plate

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
i kinda like the shine , might not paint it , but i dont want to stand out like a beacon either , i have spent about 2 grand making it , i have not tested it enough to know its capability , i would expect about 1 to 1.5 yards per hour , the drum has a 15.25 inch inside diameter and is 7 feet long , 24 inches of 3/4 punch plate

The shine is nice; I was just thinking of some sort extra barrier from normal wear and tear. I would love to see a video of it once you have it all dialed in and can operate it proficiently. A full set up and break down and clean up as well. You certainly have a knack for this sort of thing and if that plant can run half as good as it looks then it is something you could make extra money from during the off season.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you oddjob, that makes me feel pretty dang good , i will do some videos , not sure how to load them up , but i will do my best

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dredgernaut,
That is a lovely looking unit/piece of work, truly well done!
Something to keep in mind - reasonable physical exertion is good for all of us but it must be reasonable. Several years ago I was onto some nice pickers and really worked hard at moving some heavy boulders, seems I tore both shoulders up doing that. Please be careful with your body as those 5 gallon buckets get heavy even when they are only half full. Work smart, have fun, have a good experience and time and treat yourself wisely!.....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks bud , i have had my right shoulder rebuilt twice already , next time i go bionic , all metal , left shoulder always hurts and can dislocate on its own , im 40 years old , but stronger than ever , i will try to take your advice , but every time color shows in the box i go crazy , wont even stop to eat , can do that after the sun goes down , its like i become a fiend , cant control myself , lol , might be gold fever , lol, but advice greatly appreciated

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you oddjob, that makes me feel pretty dang good , i will do some videos , not sure how to load them up , but i will do my best

Well you certainly already have your brand name. Heck I would call it the Dredgernaut. LOL That thing is just screaming FEED ME.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW - beautiful work Dredgernaut!
Love how it looks - all nice and shiny, but would also go camo for the field.....Camo Vinyl wrap!!

I totally envy you in taking a few months to dig. That would be SO fun.
be safe and may you find your retirement fund!!

need any help!?!?! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread