EPA Loses this one....Good for us.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
The U.S. Supreme Court just issued President Barack Obama amassive defeat. The Obama Administration’s Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) couldn’t defend their requirements for property owners to obtain aso-called “use permit” from the federal government.
The rule was so unconstitutional that even the liberal justicesvoted against Obama’s EPA. It was a unanimous result!
The U.S. SupremeCourt just made it easier for individuals and companies to challenge federalagencies’ authority to regulate private property under federal law — a decisionwith huge implications for a major Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)regulation.
Chief JusticeJohn Roberts sided with Hawkes Co., a family-owned business in North Dakota,that wanted to extract peat from wetlands they owned in northern Minnesota. Thecourt said Hawkes could immediately challenge a federal agency’s decision toprevent them from using their private property.
Today’s rulingmarks a long-awaited victory for individual liberty, property rights, and therule of law,” M. Reed Hopper, an attorney with the Pacific Legal Foundation(PLF), which represented the Hawkes.
This is great news. Every day, the federal government grows insize and power. People should have a right to use their private land as theysee fit, instead of asking for “permission” from the federal government.
For decades, the EPA has been taking control of property in thisway, which is why the decision is so historic. A fantastic victory for propertyowners and for liberty.

Read more: BREAKING: Obama Just Suffered MASSIVE Defeat At The Supreme Court!

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Takings Clause" of the 5th ammendment has been largely ignored for many, many years. Great news

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This day just keeps getting better!! :occasion14:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The EPA has dropped the ball too many times. It's due for a major revamp. I'm glad Congress and the supreme Court are finally bringing them under microscope for a closer look.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its time to start doing away with some of these departments and "their" little kingdoms anyway!
You bet Russ!! It would be nice to see their funding get cut to about 5% of what it is right now. And the next year 1 % ,so on so forth

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You bet Russ!! It would be nice to see their funding get cut to about 5% of what it is right now. And the next year 1 % ,so on so forth

Imagine JUST FOR A MOMENT what would happen if ALL unnecessary gov't spending was cut by 95%....just for 1 year, even! Boggles the mind!! Well, time for me to bow out before I start getting in trouble! :wink:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well news like this is good enough to make my morning coffee taste like a sweet wine! (OK... Bitter Guinness Stout since I don't drink wine) It goes to show that the little guy CAN win a round from time to time and that we shouldn't give up hope. Now... if we can get some kind of ruling against the executive orders that created all those new "Memorials to nothing" I'd be a very happy camper indeed!

Robotics

Feb 20, 2016
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoyed reading about this. What a great victory.

Thanks for sharing!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that every time that the EPA has been brought to task , they lose.It's obvious that these hacks have drastically over stepped their authority. It's sad that we the people have to fight these slugs on our dime, while they defend themselves on our dime. Maybe if the epa leadership was personally held accountable, the nonsensical interpretation of "rules and regulations" would suddenly cease. What has happened to the individuals involved in the incompetant Animas River waste spill?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've HEARD (no proof or case numbers yet) that there have been several cases filed over the Animas River spill. RUMOR has it that both the Navajo tribe as well as the State of New Mexico are involved so far. I'm sure that others will join in over time. We all know that the wheels of justice grind slowly.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will just have to be loud and insistent that it doesn't get swept under the rug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions