Russian Lortok gold pan

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI guys does any one have the plans to build a Lortok style gold pan or any other wood based gold pan plans from the old days that you are willing to share, there is never a pan I can walk past without oogogling and playing with it and then buying one,plus I just like to collect pans, I think they are fun for a sunday afternoon and lets you learn a bit of history and show kids there really was rougher days in time gone bye. Hope one day to pass my collection on to a mining museum as it all starts and ends with a pan

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never seen any plans but the lortok is pretty simple in design. After estimating the basic angles and the size of the bottom and sides of the pan and if you know geometry you can figure the compound angles required for assembly of the different pieces. I have found that cutting some compound angles requires the use of a simple hand made jig built for that single purpose. Measure the size of the users hands and the lortok for scale purposes. Best case scenario....If you have or know someone who has access to an autocad program it would easy to design.:thumbsup:

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/design_plans/DIY_pan/bowl_pan_lortok_05.jpg

Have fun.

PS: I did the same thing (reverse engineered using estimates) and made my version of the pyramid pro pan which is similar in design to the lortok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had access to a cad program,cause I suck at any math,more of a make a model guy with no plans , wish i would have not been goofing off during math class,too old for that now,Think I will try make a model from card board and then transfer the pattern on to some ABS. I would like to make a Lortok and and a Japanese Yuri-ita - rollingboard, There is a Japanese miner on You tube using one that make it use look like effortless and very easy movement on the shoulders, wonder if there any Yuri-ita or Lortok users that visit this forum,if so feel free to jump in. To me a circleure motion is hard on my shoulders these day and would hate to give panning. Arizau would love to see your fluid bed and your pan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread