Japanese Yuri-ita Rolling board panning

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.Kitadai's yuri-ita technic :Check out this U tube video he makes using a roliing board look easy a real pro,anybody have plans to build one and what kind of wood is best used ? sorry I dont know how to post links,but if you just copy and paste into the U tube search it will come up, awesome to see how others do it and I like the part where he just uses a hoe the fill the pan,pretty slick,no shovel method:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the link I think

It looked like he was using a serving tray to pan if you ask me I'll stick with a pan:)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was a Japanese pan similar to this one in the geological mining history of the motherlode class that I took with Professor Wheeldon. It was made of very light wood almost like a balsa wood. It was concave and the surface was rough to catch the gold. The pan in class had been used in international speed panning championships.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looked like he was using a serving tray to pan if you ask me I'll stick with a pan:)
Thanks for posting the link. Keep in mind, there's a thousand different pans out there and what's local is probably 'the best pan' because it comes down to how you use it.

He's washing material off and settling the gold, same as with any other pan. There was one video in south america, he used the shovel to pan the concentrates. Not able to find it offhand.

bowl_pan_lortok_05.jpg

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that tray with a couple of riffles routed into the center might work a whole lot better for making quick cons. It does look like it washes sand out pretty quick. Might work well with beach sands.

OP
OP
T

tinpan250

Oct 13, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Garret,TroyX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cone shaped pan is called a batea and is very popular south of the border,I once watch a guy hammer one out of a 55 gallon drum lid in about 2 hours,but he preferred a wooden betea, because of the surface grain of the wood and they float so he could load the pan more, very efficient pan once you get the motion down, very good recovery and very fast. He could process twice what I did with a super sluice as it held twice as much and I had to stop and refill. He wore me out in about 2 hours.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
The cone shaped pan is called a batea and is very popular south of the border,I once watch a guy hammer one out of a 55 gallon drum lid in about 2 hours,but he preferred a wooden betea, because of the surface grain of the wood and they float so he could load the pan more, very efficient pan once you get the motion down, very good recovery and very fast. He could process twice what I did with a super sluice as it held twice as much and I had to stop and refill. He wore me out in about 2 hours.
We American's have become very soft.........And yes, I put myself right at the top of that list........ of course I am also getting to be a very old fart.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread