Going Over the Basics Of Pocket Gold Hunting

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Its PUBLIC LAND not fs / blm land! Good video but I wish people would get this correct before it does end up being given to these gubermint agencies like the dems want to do!

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russau,
Educate me/us , What is the designation for "public"land? If it's not FS or BLM or State land..?? I'm confused..Enlighten me/us
Appreciate it
Thanks
Tony

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony,

"Public land" is defined as lands that are held in trust (for American citizens) by the Federal Government. The Federal Government has designated and directed various government agencies to manage this public land.
So the USFS and BLM do not "own" this public land, they just have been directed to manage it.

The Federal government also does not own this land. We The People own this land.

I believe the correct term would be "Public Domain Lands"

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
55 years ago I was taught the art of pocket gold hunting down in Josephine/Jackson County by an old miner who lived in a cabin up off of Steve's Fork in the Applegate Region. The old timers used a short handled shovel and took extensive samples off of hillsides they thought showed signs of pocket gold (as discussed in the video). They panned out the samples and kept quantitative records of concentrate weights from the samples. This narrowed the area of search...in which they dug into the hillside looking for ore!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread