Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went today and put up 10x the burlap covered in fish oil. Not sure if burning the burlap will yield better results than dipping in lighter fluid, in terms of retrieving the fine gold

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Went today and put up 10x the burlap covered in fish oil. Not sure if burning the burlap will yield better results than dipping in lighter fluid, in terms of retrieving the fine gold

The only way to completely recover fine gold from burlap is to burn it......
Otherwise there is always some entrapment in the weave of the burlap....

Besides.... who wants to deal with enough solvent to soak that much burlap?

Last edited:
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to completely recover fine gold from burlap is to burn it......
Otherwise there is always some entrapment in the weave of the burlap....

Besides.... who wants to deal with enough solvent to soak that much burlap?

Very true. And the burlap that I have submerged, would probably require 10 gallons of lighter fluid

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....... Hows the project coming along?

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap. Thank you Chlsbrns! Now to expand the operation. I need 10x the burlap and how the heck do I melt it without the torch blowing away the fines? Lol

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap Burlap. Thank you Chlsbrns! Now to expand the operation. I need 10x the burlap and how the heck do I melt it without the torch blowing away the fines? Lol

Looks like about a 3179 micron "floater" you've got in there! :thumbsup:

Have you got any pictures of your processing operation? I'd like to see how to incinerate (melt?) all that wet burlap with a torch. :laughing7:

It's the technical details that make a good operation. Without more detail you are just another guy with a tiny bit of gold after a month long mining session. How about some more details, I would like to hear more about your wonderful adventure. How many black lumps of gold(?) did you get this time? How high did those bigger pieces have to float up through the water to find your greasy burlap? How much gold weight are you showing there? Where did the black sand come from?

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like about a 3179 micron "floater" you've got in there! :thumbsup:

Have you got any pictures of your processing operation? I'd like to see how to incinerate (melt?) all that wet burlap with a torch. :laughing7:

It's the technical details that make a good operation. Without more detail you are just another guy with a tiny bit of gold after a month long mining session. How about some more details, I would like to hear more about your wonderful adventure. How many black lumps of gold(?) did you get this time? How high did those bigger pieces have to float up through the water to find your greasy burlap? How much gold weight are you showing there? Where did the black sand come from?

Heavy Pans

And after you address thee above questions, I would like to know where do you purchase your fish oil!
It is very expensive! Wholesale source?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold that size as just floating by in a river eh?

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And after you address thee above questions, I would like to know where do you purchase your fish oil!
It is very expensive! Wholesale source?

$30 for 2 gallons Menhaden oil. The 3 pickers were already in the vial before the burlap was burnt and "cleaned"

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG!

I hope that you wore gloves! Lol!!!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

It's obvious to me that you want to know how to melt the fines after getting them off the sheets not that you are using a torch to get the gold off of the sheets. Gezzzz some people!

Put the gold in a crucible and cover it with borax. Use a low flame until the borax melts.

I don't remember if I told you to scrape the oil off of the burlap before incinerating incinerating the burlap? The majority of the gold will be in the oil and is easy to capture if you use dish soap to break down and emusify the oil and then strain thru a coffee filter.

It's also obvious to me that the table worked. Thats our secret LOL!!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i meant for it to get on your magic burlap in the first place

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
i meant for it to get on your magic burlap in the first place

He just said its from the grease table that he built. He puts on his gloves and shovels onto the table. Any gold sticks to the grease.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???
:dontknow: I'm so confused! I guess I need to start back at the beginning of the thread?

Your getting gold with burlap and fish oil? That stuff stinks after a while! I guess I'll have to back up and get caught up! Glad it's working for you! I doubt I'd have the same luck!

Added....

Just read most of the thread......Never mind......I understand now!:occasion14:

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no he said burlap burlap burlap...I need 10x more...and there is a difference between grease and oil....and he did not get that gold out of water I already know that.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no he said burlap burlap burlap...I need 10x more...and there is a difference between grease and oil....and he did not get that gold out of water I already know that.

I just read most of the thread then saw the "idea" of the thread...When I posted I only read the last couple pages.......

Glad it's working for them, I just don't think my luck would be that good!:BangHead: I have bad luck?:laughing7:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so its a magic burlap table now, and he's shoveling from a sand bar not just floating in the suspended in the water any more. You guys should work on your script a little more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions