Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1048Likes

Thread: Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    7064 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by reptwar1 View Post
    Lol if that's not gold, I give up
    Just trying to find an economical way to extract the gold dust from the sand. There is literally tons of it deposited along the Arkansas river
    I wasn't questioning whether it is gold. I was just curious how you determined that it is gold?

All we have here are some fuzzy pictures to go by, you have the real thing. I know you didn't figure out it was gold from a fuzzy picture. If you don't want to share your assay methods that's fine - no offense intended.

Miners all over the world do their best to find an economical way to extract the gold. That's mighty fine gold. If you figure out an economical way to mine and process that gold your solution might be worth more than all the gold you could mine.

Heavy Pans

Mar 2016
    718 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I once watched a construction crew go crazy over some dust from the yellow reflective traffic stripe
    which was ground off the roadway and swept over the bank.

Per the video, it would take a heck of a lot of those fly specks to add up to 2.5 oz/month.
    I could see finding lost gems and jewelry, but the $3000 of gold dust a month is not believable.

Don't make me vacuum out my truck mats....
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reptwar1 View Post
    Just trying to find an economical way to extract the gold dust from the sand. There is literally tons of it deposited along the Arkansas river
    might I humbly suggest a Sheet covered in Vaseline. Then get that suspended in the river some how..from what I've heard half a million dollars floats down the river everyday just waiting to be collected!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Jan 2013
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    I wasn't questioning whether it is gold. I was just curious how you determined that it is gold?

All we have here are some fuzzy pictures to go by, you have the real thing. I know you didn't figure out it was gold from a fuzzy picture. If you don't want to share your assay methods that's fine - no offense intended.

Miners all over the world do their best to find an economical way to extract the gold. That's mighty fine gold. If you figure out an economical way to mine and process that gold your solution might be worth more than all the gold you could mine.

Heavy Pans
    No offense taken my friend. I haven't had it assayed, but am 100% sure it is gold.

Jan 2013
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    might I humbly suggest a Sheet covered in Vaseline. Then get that suspended in the river some how..from what I've heard half a million dollars floats down the river everyday just waiting to be collected!
    A local geologist did a study before the lock/dam system was built, and yes, today's equivalent would be between $250-$500k every 24 hours. I personally know a guy locally that got over an ounce by suspending a mercury laden screen in the river for either 1 or 2 weeks. I forget which, but the micron gold is EVERYWHERE around here

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4359 times
    Prospecting
    Well, for the states that the Arkansas flows through, I'm assuming you're somewhere in Colorado.

As for "today's equivalent would be between $250-$500k every 24 hours", if there was THAT much gold floating in the river on a continual basis, I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed long before now. If you remove the 'k', that I can grasp - but half a million dollars in gold every day?!?!? Something would be SERIOUSLY wrong if that much gold is escaping into the environment. There would be heavy concentrations of gold all along the banks, as the gold would get deposited not only in sidewalks, but also in grasses, rocks, and any non-smooth surface the water happens to flow over.

I think more testing is needed first. ...Have you put any of this gold in a gold pan with other "known" gold to see how the two act and look together? Have you done ANY testing to ensure it really is gold? I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but many a person has bet their life and livelihood on "knowing" they've struck paydirt, only to have lost everything in the end. Trust me please, it IS WORTH the time and expense to have an assay done! And if not as assay, at least see if it matches the characteristics of gold in a gold pan - right alongside other "known" gold. Without the "known" gold to compare to, the test would be flawed.

I really hope it is gold, and I hope there's enough for you to become fabulously wealthy from - but be cautions. Unless you happen to be one of those naturally lucky people, such wonderful happenings must be met with initial skepticism - not a hurtful amount, but enough to keep from getting tunnel vision where you can't see anything except what you want to see. A healthy amount of skepticism is a good thing.

Jan 2013
    220 times
    The geologist that did his testing, did it in 1964 and the lock and dam was completed the following year. So yes. He did notice a while ago lol

Jan 2013
    220 times
    I appreciate your take, but you also haven't seen the gold dust clinging to your dust pan. I understand your frustration

Jan 2013
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post
    Well, for the states that the Arkansas flows through, I'm assuming you're somewhere in Colorado.

As for "today's equivalent would be between $250-$500k every 24 hours", if there was THAT much gold floating in the river on a continual basis, I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed long before now. If you remove the 'k', that I can grasp - but half a million dollars in gold every day?!?!? Something would be SERIOUSLY wrong if that much gold is escaping into the environment. There would be heavy concentrations of gold all along the banks, as the gold would get deposited not only in sidewalks, but also in grasses, rocks, and any non-smooth surface the water happens to flow over.

I think more testing is needed first. ...Have you put any of this gold in a gold pan with other "known" gold to see how the two act and look together? Have you done ANY testing to ensure it really is gold? I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but many a person has bet their life and livelihood on "knowing" they've struck paydirt, only to have lost everything in the end. Trust me please, it IS WORTH the time and expense to have an assay done! And if not as assay, at least see if it matches the characteristics of gold in a gold pan - right alongside other "known" gold. Without the "known" gold to compare to, the test would be flawed.

I really hope it is gold, and I hope there's enough for you to become fabulously wealthy from - but be cautions. Unless you happen to be one of those naturally lucky people, such wonderful happenings must be met with initial skepticism - not a hurtful amount, but enough to keep from getting tunnel vision where you can't see anything except what you want to see. A healthy amount of skepticism is a good thing.
    The geologist was an older gentleman... maybe he was senile lol

Jan 2013
    220 times

And I'm not sure that you grasp the concept of just how big the Arkansas river is where I live. Close to the width of the Mississippi here in Arkansas. A river that only transported $250 worth of gold dust every 24 hours, would essentially be considered barren of gold. Again, I appreciate the criticism, and expected it soon as I posted the pics. But I wish one of you lived close so I could show you. Well, been fun...back to brainstorming as to how to collect it lol
    Last edited by reptwar1; Jul 05, 2016 at 07:48 PM.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4359 times
    Prospecting
    My same comment holds - if "gold" is getting deposited in the sidewalk cracks, it'll be getting deposited all over the place, in every uneven and irregular surface that the water comes into contact with.

...So this is the Arkansas river in Arkansas?

Have you been able to distinguish that these deposits happen around the clock, or only during times of flooding? Is gold traveling only near the surface or throughout the width and depth of the river? I like mytimetoshine's idea of using a sheet (or something) covered with Vaseline - maybe several such sheets in different parts of the river to see where mineralization is concentrated. However, that wasn't your original question. You were originally thinking about working a sidewalk. Good place to start. Also, sounds like you now have a plan to work with. Might not be a bad idea, in addition to the little dustbuster, to have some sort of device that can blow puffs of air - like an ear wax removal bulb or a turkey baster. Dustbusters aren't super strong. Might not hurt to force a little air down there to help loosen the material so your dustbuster can suck it out.

Please don't think we're here trying to cut you down in any way. As near as I can read, every person that has commented has done so because 1) they don't want you to get stuck on a wild goose chase and 2) because there have been too many others in the past who have gotten "the fever", and been blind to everything including what's right in front of their eyes.

Arkansas state is not known for having much gold. There IS some, but not much. And if gold (being 19 times heavier than water) is being deposited in the cracks of a sidewalk, then where is this gold coming from? How far upstream? It's not coming all the way from Colorado!! So if you can verify that this is gold, then work upstream until you find the highest concentrations you can find. Once there, look around for where the gold is coming from - the source. If you can find a source, you'll be sitting on easy street in no time!

We'll help all we can. Just remember it's a 2-way street. You're there and we're not, so we may need a little something now and then in order to provide the best help we can. Right now we're going on a single pic of some gold-colored dust on your finger tip and your certainty that it IS, in fact, gold. Is more difficult for us. Seems like a find this huge would have been found already....but then, stranger things HAVE happened!
    reptwar1 likes this.

Jan 2013
    220 times
    My same comment holds - if "gold" is getting deposited in the sidewalk cracks, it'll be getting deposited all over the place, in every uneven and irregular surface that the water comes into contact with.

...So this is the Arkansas river in Arkansas?

Have you been able to distinguish that these deposits happen around the clock, or only during times of flooding? Is gold traveling only near the surface or throughout the width and depth of the river? I like mytimetoshine's idea of using a sheet (or something) covered with Vaseline - maybe several such sheets in different parts of the river to see where mineralization is concentrated. However, that wasn't your original question. You were originally thinking about working a sidewalk. Good place to start. Also, sounds like you now have a plan to work with. Might not be a bad idea, in addition to the little dustbuster, to have some sort of device that can blow puffs of air - like an ear wax removal bulb or a turkey baster. Dustbusters aren't super strong. Might not hurt to force a little air down there to help loosen the material so your dustbuster can suck it out.

Please don't think we're here trying to cut you down in any way. As near as I can read, every person that has commented has done so because 1) they don't want you to get stuck on a wild goose chase and 2) because there have been too many others in the past who have gotten "the fever", and been blind to everything including what's right in front of their eyes.

Arkansas state is not known for having much gold. There IS some, but not much. And if gold (being 19 times heavier than water) is being deposited in the cracks of a sidewalk, then where is this gold coming from? How far upstream? It's not coming all the way from Colorado!! So if you can verify that this is gold, then work upstream until you find the highest concentrations you can find. Once there, look around for where the gold is coming from - the source. If you can find a source, you'll be sitting on easy street in no time!

We'll help all we can. Just remember it's a 2-way street. You're there and we're not, so we may need a little something now and then in order to provide the best help we can. Right now we're going on a single pic of some gold-colored dust on your finger tip and your certainty that it IS, in fact, gold. Is more difficult for us. Seems like a find this huge would have been found already....but then, stranger things HAVE happened!
    Kcm getting tired and have to work early, but I will get back with y'all in the morning and thanks a million for the replies

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1578 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    I have read reports on oleophillic adhesion. It is certainly a low cost method and well worth the experiment.
    I think chlsbrns has spoken of that method as well.
    reptwar1 likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2261 times
    I like mytimetoshine's idea of using a sheet (or something) covered with Vaseline - maybe several such sheets in different parts of the river
    funniest thing I've heard all week. I guess I need to work on my sarcasm!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    939 times
    Prospecting
    I've thought about trying the Vaseline covered sheet thing here on the coastal beach where the gold is -100 to invisible to the naked eye just to see what it would collect.....anyone have a line on a cheap 5 gallon barrel of the stuff
    reptwar1, DizzyDigger and Aufisher like this.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links