Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 504
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods."

When you say "sidewalk", is that in town or something? Jogging/biking path?

What kind of area is this and what kinds of rules do they have about such things?

If it's allowed, would be great to take a cordless vacuum out there!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Check this guy out.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bike path that is all cracked up. I'm not sure what good a cordless vac would do because the dust is so small.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a bike path that is all cracked up. I'm not sure what good a cordless vac would do because the dust is so small.

A cordless vac would simply be a timesaver over using a dustpan. Either way, use a screwdriver, ice pick or other suitable "something" to loosen the material in the cracks, then recover that material. A vac could suck the fine material out of a crack where a brush can't reach - provided that material is first loosened.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha. On my way there now with a dust buster. I guess I will continuously wipe the gold dust with toilet paper, place the toilet paper in a freezer bag, then burn the toilet paper when enough is accumulated

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you sure? Look suspicious to me. Someone spill their makeup?

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just asking. Someone once gave me pure 24 k gold makeup. Looked similar.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Curious why you think that's gold reptwar1? Seems like a big leap from some color on your finger that resembles gold and setting up a "cement mixer with mercury".

I'm hoping it is gold and you get enough to pay for the vacuum. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious why you think that's gold reptwar1? Seems like a big leap from some color on your finger that resembles gold and setting up a "cement mixer with mercury".

I'm hoping it is gold and you get enough to pay for the vacuum. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Just trying to find an economical way to extract the gold dust from the sand. There is literally tons of it deposited along the Arkansas river

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol if that's not gold, I give up
Just trying to find an economical way to extract the gold dust from the sand. There is literally tons of it deposited along the Arkansas river

I wasn't questioning whether it is gold. I was just curious how you determined that it is gold?

All we have here are some fuzzy pictures to go by, you have the real thing. I know you didn't figure out it was gold from a fuzzy picture. If you don't want to share your assay methods that's fine - no offense intended.

Miners all over the world do their best to find an economical way to extract the gold. That's mighty fine gold. If you figure out an economical way to mine and process that gold your solution might be worth more than all the gold you could mine. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once watched a construction crew go crazy over some dust from the yellow reflective traffic stripe
which was ground off the roadway and swept over the bank.

Per the video, it would take a heck of a lot of those fly specks to add up to 2.5 oz/month.
I could see finding lost gems and jewelry, but the $3000 of gold dust a month is not believable.

Don't make me vacuum out my truck mats....

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

might I humbly suggest a Sheet covered in Vaseline. Then get that suspended in the river some how..from what I've heard half a million dollars floats down the river everyday just waiting to be collected!

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't questioning whether it is gold. I was just curious how you determined that it is gold?

All we have here are some fuzzy pictures to go by, you have the real thing. I know you didn't figure out it was gold from a fuzzy picture. If you don't want to share your assay methods that's fine - no offense intended.

Miners all over the world do their best to find an economical way to extract the gold. That's mighty fine gold. If you figure out an economical way to mine and process that gold your solution might be worth more than all the gold you could mine. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

No offense taken my friend. I haven't had it assayed, but am 100% sure it is gold.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
might I humbly suggest a Sheet covered in Vaseline. Then get that suspended in the river some how..from what I've heard half a million dollars floats down the river everyday just waiting to be collected!

A local geologist did a study before the lock/dam system was built, and yes, today's equivalent would be between $250-$500k every 24 hours. I personally know a guy locally that got over an ounce by suspending a mercury laden screen in the river for either 1 or 2 weeks. I forget which, but the micron gold is EVERYWHERE around here :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread