Gold prices about to spike??

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Dentist tell me my crown was only worth $1.50! I know it weighs 3gms. and 85% pure.

AND HOW MUCH DID HE CHARGE YOU FOR IT?

http://www.animated-teeth.com/dental_crowns/t-sell-scrap-dental-gold.htm#crown.gold

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 6.00.02 PM.png

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll backup the dental gold impurities! The funeral director told me that my father's gold teeth weren't worth the price of having the dentist remove them.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never trust a mortician that wears a Leatherman on his belt

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll backup the dental gold impurities! The funeral director told me that my father's gold teeth weren't worth the price of having the dentist remove them.

True. A cap worth $35 would cost more than that to remove professionally. But honestly, once they're dead, does it need to be a dentist?

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, first thing is, the dentist would have to make a house...er, home....er, funeral home call :tongue3: So right there he'd be charging out-of-office rates. No doubt there would be "additional charges". :laughing7:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This thread has turned creepy. But I do know there is more than $1.50 in a precious metal dental crown. Three grams at 85% is at least $100. Or close. Maybe silver amalgam.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually they are normally 10-14 karat.

Actually...

The gold commonly used in dentistry has a karat value ranging anywhere from 10 to 22...
And on average the typical gold dental crown is about 16 karat.

The older the dental gold... generally the "purer" it is...
The old days most was 22k...
And 20.

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this on another forum. Looks like gold prices may be skyrocketing soon!

Lab discovers titanium-gold alloy that is four times harder than most steels

This might as well be unobtanium. All the gold ever mined would fill just ONE Olympic size swimming pool. It may be 4 times harder than any other metal but if there is not enough gold to actually make a useful amount of the alloy it falls under unobtanium.

This election is going to have far more effect on the price of gold than anything else right now.

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This election is going to have far more effect on the price of gold than anything else right now.

I'm just worried about everything else that will come with said price fluctuations. Either way, we cannot stay on the course we're on now. To try would be insane.

I'm not saying who I'm voting for, cause that would be talking politics - and that's against the Tnet rules. ...So let's just say I like Treasure_Hunter's "sometimes"-signature line an awful lot! :thumbsup:

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. A cap worth $35 would cost more than that to remove professionally. But honestly, once they're dead, does it need to be a dentist?

I keep telling my son that I want him to pop my gold crowns out of my mouth once I've passed on....preferably during the wake, just for the humor and horror value!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread