Gold prices about to spike??

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are a little behind the curve with the gold prices. I think you may have missed the fact that gold is already up nearly 30% this year alone?

If you are waiting for the gold titanium alloy to affect the gold price you will have to wait a few years until someone figures out how to make the alloy commercially. Even then how many people will be able to afford to put a pound of high priced gold into their hip?

The gold price is affected more by investor sentiment than actual use so you might see a little price bump off this story but that will be hard to measure since gold has been in a bull market since 2002 (up 450%). :thumbsup:

au00-pres.gif

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
30% <<< :dontknow: >>> 230%

Hmm...which one would be considered "skyrocketing"?

You're right Clay, gold prices are up. But news like this always gets the prices jumping up even higher.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold price manipulation is in play by numerous entities and nations for their own ungodly profits. I only mine and sell but never buy to sell no way jose-John

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it'll take time for "practical applications" to come to light, but things move faster now than when we were growing up....usually. The article talks about Medical applications. But if this "new metal" is 4x harder than Titanium, there should also be applications opening up in military, production (parts), and manufacturing.

As this new metal uses 25% gold, that would make gold even more sought-after than ever. I just figured this would be good news to miners. ...Of course, it'd be even better news if miners were sitting on a truckload of gold just waiting for prices to reach all-time high's.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they start using Titanium-3-gold for hip replacement surgery, 100 years down the road when gold is 1,000,000 an ounce .
are they going to go dig up grandpa and recycle him, if he was also a miner that would really be mining the miners.

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, am certain crematories have been "harvesting" metals from folks for many years. In a time of loss, how many people are going to think about gold fillings and titanium joints? All they seem to remember is jewelry and cash! (...generally speaking, of course)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So how do we ensure that value ends up in our estate instead of in the crematorium's pocket?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In a related matter, when I had a gold crown replaced, I asked the dentist to give it back to me. I sold it for $35 at the gold shop! I think most people just let the dentist keep it with no regard for the value. I heard about a dentist who made a solid gold golf putter from all the recovered gold!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it goes up and stays up! I got my reasons..... :laughing7:
I remember the last high..... 8-)
Wait'll indian wedding season, that can sometimes temporarily affect the market.

When a friends' elderly father needed heart stints, they got him the 24K gold woven stints.
They had to purchase the gold, send it to Thailand (I believe it is) where master weavers, actually hand weave the stint. Being pure gold, it accepts no bacteria/virus, the body accepts it more readily, than them other stints (from what they told me). He did eventually pass..... I'd never ask what happened to them stints, wasn't my father, & that would be rather rude, imho.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hip joint and dental testaments?:dontknow: and to say something on topic;as long as populations are increasing should,nt all ressource.prices go up in the long run?

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a related matter, when I had a gold crown replaced, I asked the dentist to give it back to me. I sold it for $35 at the gold shop! I think most people just let the dentist keep it with no regard for the value. I heard about a dentist who made a solid gold golf putter from all the recovered gold!

I had a Dentist tell me my crown was only worth $1.50! I know it weighs 3gms. and 85% pure.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Dentist tell me my crown was only worth $1.50! I know it weighs 3gms. and 85% pure.

Do you know what it's made of? 85% pure what? How did you test it?

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold buying season is nearing in India-marriage month-and dowry still mandatory so price always spike with such increased demand also this time of year. So many factors now as no ez answers to anything anymore. Just go UP is great. John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what it's made of? 85% pure what? How did you test it?

Don't even start Ms. Know it all! For your information the Dentist is a long time friend I saw the who's and the why's of the make up of it So mind your business on my dental work!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Don't even start Ms. Know it all! For your information the Dentist is a long time friend I saw the who's and the why's of the make up of it So mind your business on my dental work!

Long time friend?

So you didn't test it? You are assuming?

You can not accurately test dental gold with conventional jewelers acid tests or conventional electronic testers. A tiny bit of palladium, nickel, chromium and other alloy's in dental gold render conventional jewelry tests useless.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should stick to your Crisco and burlap that seems to be the only thing you think you know about. And when it's time for Elvis to leave the building it'll get smelted just like the rest!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread