is the GPAA worth joining in 2016?

ffmurray

Greenie
Aug 1, 2016
new mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
long time lurker, first time poster

I have seen a couple of these posts before, but all of them are several years old and things change. I know that there will be several different opinions on the matter but a general overview / pros and cons would be great.

A little about my situation:
I live in Albuquerque NM and it would be nice if there were places in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico that I could go, preferably with creeks because I am new to this and only have a couple of pans and would rather stay wet. I tried contacting them though email about if this was a reality but did not get much information back, they just wanted me to pay up and find out for myself it seems, that turned me off to the idea a little bit. Hopefully someone with some experience in the matter can chime in and help me out.

Id also like to thank you guys, Ive been reading the forum for a while now and its jam packed with information, its been a real help.

Upvote 0

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys,,,, I will spill the beans. I am an AMRA board member. I did not want to look like I was pushing/selling AMRA, that is just not who we are.

Thank you for all of the kind words of the previous posts they are very appreciated. We have had an absolutely overwhelming schedule this year and it is not over yet. And it seems like every day there is another incident of overreaching enforcement or regulation. No board members with AMRA gets paid and most hold down a full time job. So, ya, all of the previous posts are very encouraging for the Board members and help justify all of the time and effort put in to keep mining free and open to all.

Back to the topic at hand. Join GPAA and a local club. They are the best resource for the new prospector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread