Idiots! Morons! and other Nitwits

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't get in much, but I had to post this.
I overstay on BLM lands on the south fork of the Yuba, have for almost 7 years.
never been any probs, until this year.
too long a story to go into detail today, but had a fire out a mile from me last week.
woke up at about 7am last tuesday to a column of smoke for the first thing I saw. not something I ever want to see out where I'm living and trying to get some of the shiny stuff.
CalFire showed up fairly fast and a couple hours later it was out.
I've had problems with one particular POS this year, with my gear being grabbed at by him, trash he left me being pointed a finger at for....and
being woke up in the middle of the night sleeping on bedrock by this wizzbrain telling me he got people chasing him...he had to come down the trail, and cross the river at night to get to me.
I figure meth, I hate them tweaker scum.....he rambles on, stays the night a few feet from me, wakes up and leaves the next morning.
what I didn't know is that he left behind a loaded 20 gauge shotgun on the bedrock not 20 feet from where I sleep.
found out next day when some campers walking the bedrock told me about it. I unloaded it and set it where it can't be seen.
I think this nitwit set the fire last week, not deliberately, just because he's senseless.
never been paranoid on the south fork before, but this year has been trying....now the local potheads on the radio station are calling it "a state of emergency"!
just what I need, BLM coming down to move me on.
BTW, the gold has only been so-so..last coupe weeks might've put 8 .dwt in the poke, not what I'm used to, but I can live with it.
Happy Trails Mi Amigos y Amigas

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi IMAUDIGGER: No, the guy is lucky I could reason with him. I absolutely would have shot him. No problem at all. And yes I would make my shot count to where he will think about his actions for the rest of his life every time he goes the bathroom or has a so called "intimate moment. THAT will be his problem not mine. On carrying, sometimes I do when I take the Family to an Event where there are a lot of people. A few years ago I had an argument with some guy that thought he owned the place and tried to kick me & my family out of the spot he wanted even though we were there for a few hours. He even pushed me. When he did I flashed my piece and told him to back off. He did. He went and told the on duty Officer a BS story. The Officer came and checked things out. A few other people even took our side. The Officer put 2 + 2 together and promptly told the clown too leave the park after he found out the guy had hit me. The people there cheered. We had a very nice night after that. Case closed. If I or my Family are attacked I will shoot. No problem. When carrying I keep a razor sharp eye out for trouble and I'll leave an area if I can. If I can't then I will try to talk my way out of it. If I can't then I will pull it. And YES I "WILL" shoot if need be. I have Boston Police Training, State Police Training & Military Training. I know my weapon well and I know not only how to use it but "WHEN" to use it. I do not believe in killing but I will make you wish I had killed you. The 3rd leg is a very effective target. If someone has a problem with that then that is "their" problem NOT mine. And I promise I will not miss either. I am a good shot ok. I like it that way and I will sleep very soundly if God Forbid I ever actually do have to shoot someone. Thankfully I have NOT had that happen YET. I hope I never do but I will. So the next time your going to shoot someone please don't kill them. Just wound them enough to stop them. Where you aim is your choice ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Your lucky you didn't get a brandishing charge, a dispute involving a park bully is not justification to "flash your piece". It is just as easy for you to go to the same cop and say "hey this dude at the park is assaulting people" That is the type of situation that escalates into a kid getting shot.

What is Brandishing? | Firearm Training Classes, Firearms Training

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER? You really have this thing with things that resemble snakes!!!!:laughing7:

I don't think that would hold up to well in court either, Sounds sick, but if your life is in danger, you shoot to kill, maiming may get you in more trouble. I always thought I would just knee cap someone if I could to stop them, If I would ever have to....I was told"no"...That means that you didn't feel it was a deadly threat (or could mean that)or pre meditated... and you could be sued for damages to the uh.......third leg? Ohhh, and this is what I was told, I don't know the laws!!! I also would never brandish or pull unless I felt it was life threatening....

But hey!! Like said in a previous post! Do what you feel you have to and be safe! Butttttt?????? I don't think you can shoot someones weiner off and not get into national news!! I'll say, "Hey? I talked to that guy on the computer a couple of times!! That was BARKER!!!!":laughing7:

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; In this case I can claim I feared for my Families Safety which the On Duty Officer took into Account. I also had Witnesses there that told him what happened. The worst thing that would have happened in this case here is that I'd have to file a Report. On some clown pushing me, that's no problem either. I can handle myself quite nicely. Anyways it worked out. PEACE:RONB

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the first things your taught in the Military, law enforcement and civilian firearms training. Concerning using your weapon is to shoot to kill. That is why if you are not prepared to do so you should not carry.

The officers "opinion" is not going to erase liability or change actual law.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; In this case I can claim I feared for my Families Safety which the On Duty Officer took into Account. I also had Witnesses there that told him what happened. The worst thing that would have happened in this case here is that I'd have to file a Report. On some clown pushing me, that's no problem either. I can handle myself quite nicely. Anyways it worked out. PEACE:RONB

I was just joking around with you partly!! I Have to admit there were "parts" of that experience you explained, that made me laugh thinking about it!!:laughing7:

Glad everything worked out!

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I take a very simple approach to matters of conflict..

Karma2.jpg

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Nitric, I know. To Goldwasher; If I can wound instead of kill I will do so and yes I promise I will make it count. Just think of how popular I'd be.!!! If I am in so much danger that I must take a Life then I will do so not that I want to. Here in MA We have a thing called "REASONABLE CAUSE." It is STILL in effect. Go ahead and sue me. I got nothing anyway. I lost it all due to Medical Expenses and my wife was killed by a drunk driver so to wrap this up I really don't give a damn no more. I "DID" play by ALL the Rules and got screwed anyway. Today, I only care about the fact that my kid has supper and is safe. Mess with that and I will make you regret your actions for the rest of your Life. Understand ?? Case closed. PEACE:RONB

Hi Dizzy; Great Post there. I love it. !!!

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.
Robert Kennedy

Truthfully I am not surprised in odd encounters in the middle of the woods but what does surprise me is how many people are so eager to get protection or feel a need to be protected.. Commonsense goes a lot further then any bullet and can be much more affective.
I am surprised that you just left the Shotgun that you didn't turn it over to authorities. Maybe I misread. Everyone wants accountability too bad most look to hold everyone else accountable and not themselves. SFY area mostly claimed or Hands and pans..(might be wrong been awhile since I looked at SFY area) I can only assume you didn't report the incident or the weapon because your activity is on the shady side of the law?

well, I am overstayed by a large bit, plus I really don't want to deal with cops. I unloaded the thing and just as soon as I get to it, I'll give it to a local. a remington 870 magnum express.
things seemed to have calmed a bit, and I'm heading to Marysville for a standdown for a few days. didn't break camp, just put all my gear in the tent and zipped up. likely when I return saturday, nothing will be gone <fingers crossed>.
the nitwit I was dealing with seems to have moved on. he was too far from the liquor store and the dopeman anyhow.
man, I used to be a big pothead, then grew out of it. weed is everywhere in my locale, I've nicknamed a town out here North San Marijuana, (North San Juan)....it's the damn meth that really scares me, it's everywhere too and I wish it was open season on tweakers, or better yet, meth labs.
never was paranoid out there before, always pretty peaceful, not many people. but this year I'm closer to the road than ever, was over 5 miles out before.
anyhow, I see this thread went somewhere.
please folks, if you're out there don't be having a campfire!!!!
haven't had one for months, other than a quick twig fire to roast off the merc from the amalgam I find a lot of.
things are winding down a bit for me, not too much ground i haven't covered in the area I'm in,, but I've been surprised before and found something after almost giving up (one helpful hint to any greenhorns and everyone else here...NEVER GIVE UP!!!)
see you next time.

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
me again...just read through more of this thread than before.
they have given up the search for the shooter awhile back, they are just now following up on leads....and that happened near "Little Town" a locals nickname for Washington, which is the Wild, Wild, West :)
ya hear them banjos when you walks thru...."you isn't from here, is you boy?"
actually, some nice folk, just don't f$% with em and their bizness. but it ain't a place to play around in, else you'll be joining the ghosts in the Washington Hotel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread