How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! But as a side subject and maybe off topic, Democracy is what got us into this mess maybe? It over stepped Rights? A group of people that are Offended shouldn't be able to over vote Rights, on even ONE person. They (gov at all levels) Needs rechecked?

I feel this same idea of the above applies to many parts of our lives right now, not just mining!

Ok, just my interpretation of the above and what I got a little confused on at the end! I understand the whole point and agree!!

Just had to throw the thought out there which may be wrong!:laughing7:

Well actually the USA is a Constitutional Republic, with some democratic measures thrown in, for the very reason you are concerned with. The majority cannot overrule a single persons "RIGHT" (i.e. life, liberty, pursuit of happiness) at least that is the way it is supposed to work.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are not cherry picked studies if you look at this latest biological opinion they consider the same studies
NOAA Biological Opinion on Dredging & Highbanking 8/9/16
the issue is what the Fed's and now the states want is for us to ask for permission to mine.
that's what the fight is about, we shouldn't need to ask permission if we are only casual mining.
STOP ASKING FOR PERMISSION...

Cool! But then the first thing that catches a green meanie's eye is this:

Attachments

• Fishfacts.jpg
    Fishfacts.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 100

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! But then the first thing that catches a green meanie's eye is this:

Isn't first and last column basically the same thing? Don't those two contradict each other?:dontknow: I know it's the word thing again! I hate words!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was supporting the Reinhart Case a waste of time and money? I don't think so. The following is from WMA's August Newsletter. Long but well said!

WMA PRESIDENT COMMENTS

“It’s not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get back up.” Vince Lombardi

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points
out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of
deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs
to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
because there is not effort without error and
shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the
deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great
devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at
the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least
he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall
never be with those cold and timid souls who know
neither victory nor defeat.” Teddy Roosevelt

Rinehart lost OK. The forums and social networks are ablaze with
these discussions. Lots of chatter.
Raise your hand if you believe a California court was
going to rule for Rinehart. Anyone?

We needed to support the Rinehart case, and many of
you did. Thanks. We still need to support it, and the
Bohmker Case in Oregon, and our CEQA Case, and Keith
Walker’s case. It ain’t over. Not by a long shot. Sure we
lost – again.
Even in losing causes we need to fight. We are still a free
people as long as we believe we are a free people. Once
we accept the notion we’ve lost our freedom we’re
doomed.
If you want to make your shackles more comfortable then go
ahead and sit this fight out, because it’s a losing fight. That’s the
ugly truth, it’s a losing fight.

We use to run our articles with a closing of “Molon Labe.”
Which in Greek means “Come take them.”
It was the response of King Leonidas to the Persians in 432 BC at
the Battle of Thermopylae. A battle where every Greek died and
the Persians proceeded to burn Athens to the ground.
In every fight for freedom many lose some, some lose all. Do we
stop fighting and concede to the State?
What happened to our willingness to fight that given a loss we
turn on ourselves and start to point fingers at those in the ring?
Perhaps all our lawsuits are losing causes. Are you willing to just
go sit on the couch and remember the days when you could
own a mining claim and run a suction dredge for a little bit of
fun with the dream of one day making a living doing it?
We’re the people who built this country. We’re the people who
wrote into the Constitution the safeguards to protect ourselves
from the bullies we knew would eventually rise up to rip our
Constitution from us.
Each California Assembly member
represents 489,000 people. Sierra County, California, has a
population of just over 3,000 people.
Who represents Sierra County? Apparently the representatives
from Southern California do because they’re the ones writing
the laws. No representative from Northern California is writing
these laws. They wouldn’t dare because that’s not the will of
the people, the sovereign people of Northern California.
Yes, the California Supreme Court ruled we have no right to
mine. Nor does any other citizen have a right to earn a living
apparently. The Supreme Court essentially said your right to
earn a living ends when the majority decides what you do
offends them.

We now have a government which is sold to the highest bidder.
I’ll stay in the fight. Maybe we’ll keep losing, but we’re the sand
in the machine which maybe slows the gears down just a bit.

Maybe we’re the only oneswho are exposing this racket.Maybe
this is just a lost cause, but can you think of another cause
which is so important as saving our democracy?

First - This is miners preaching to miners.
Second - It's pure crap. Just slapping old, tired slogans and rants together
Third - It shows even those doing the fund raising know they are fighting a no win battle
Fourth - It shows that our current "leadership" has NO CLUE how to go forward, and has NO PLAN outside of suing the government and paying court costs

Why can't most folks understand we have to start a public relations movement? We must have regular joe's and jane's in our corner! The Green Meanies are the ONLY ones addressing the public - our kids. If we spent money on educating the public and promoting placer gold mining as a wholesome, AMERICAN, Family pass time, we might start making progress.

Why aren't small miners angry at the equipment manufacturers that SHOULD be carrying MOST of the financial load and sending their lawyers to help fight the greenies?

Writing an angry article about dead Spartans and sending it out to miners doesn't do a darn thing to move us forward. It might raise more money to then be wasted, but that's it!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't first and last column basically the same thing? Don't those two contradict each other?:dontknow: I know it's the word thing again! I hate words!:laughing7:

BINGO! The word you are looking for is "inconclusive." Their opinion is just as valid as ours. Sad.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First - This is miners preaching to miners.
Second - It's pure crap. Just slapping old, tired slogans and rants together
Third - It shows even those doing the fund raising know they are fighting a no win battle
Fourth - It shows that our current "leadership" has NO CLUE how to go forward, and has NO PLAN outside of suing the government and paying court costs

Why can't most folks understand we have to start a public relations movement? We must have regular joe's and jane's in our corner! The Green Meanies are the ONLY ones addressing the public - our kids. If we spent money on educating the public and promoting placer gold mining as a wholesome, AMERICAN, Family pass time, we might start making progress.

Why aren't small miners angry at the equipment manufacturers that SHOULD be carrying MOST of the financial load and sending their lawyers to help fight the greenies?

Writing an angry article about dead Spartans and sending it out to miners doesn't do a darn thing to move us forward. It might raise more money to then be wasted, but that's it!

I'm starting to see where you are coming from in a way. But all of it is good! It's the same thing with the gun debate a little different but the same idea as a whole. We all join groups to stamp out little fires. But there is a huge movement to light 1000's of the same fires in the same week. The little groups are needed at first to get the ball rolling, My problem with these type subjects is...The ball needs to pick up speed and quick!!! But how do you do that? And this goes above and beyond just the miners in my opinion. So, The small groups are doing there part too. But how do we get it to pick up speed? This "movement" has had a head start and every resource behind it. What do any of us do in any subject of overreach? You have to start by banding with like people then try to spread.

I see where your point is, I think. But I don't see them as being counter productive either. Just not the speed we all of us need! We need it at the top!! But how?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...We need it at the top!! But how?

You start by getting the local press involved. Think your legislator is siding with green meanies because of campaign donations? Look up his/her donations and find out if you're right. If you are, then backed by SOLID information that the legislator has also been provided by AMRA on cause and effect of dredging, GO TO THE PRESS AND MAKE YOUR CASE. Hold a press conference, send out press releases, tell the local TV station you'll be protesting at the County seat, or State capitol.

STOP screaming at miners, and start INFORMING the public!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You start by getting the local press involved. Think your legislator is siding with green meanies because of campaign donations? Look up his/her donations and find out if you're right. If you are, then backed by SOLID information that the legislator has also been provided by AMRA on cause and effect of dredging, GO TO THE PRESS AND MAKE YOUR CASE. Hold a press conference, send out press releases, tell the local TV station you'll be protesting at the County seat, or State capitol.

STOP screaming at miners, and start INFORMING the public!

We've had the local press involved many times. In this clip, they told us that they were going to help us promote it and allow the truth to be told... When it was all said and done, what we had said was edited out to a very small amount and instead of it being about us, you see Izzy in all of her glory, lying to the public once again. You can't just go to the local papers anymore because they have all been bought out and will only report the way they have been told too... Unfortunately that's flat out not true news reporting and doesn't help pass on the truth to the general public at all. A lot of time was spent preparing what was to be said and in the end, our facts were cut out as we were mislead into thinking that the interview was for us, and not focused on Izzy at all.
Debate on Calif. Suction Dredge Mining Hitting Courts | Latest News Videos | Fox News

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The easterner, carpetbagging in Arizona, forgets that we live in Commiefornia:laughing7:

We've had the local press involved many times. In this clip, they told us that they were going to help us promote it and allow the truth to be told... When it was all said and done, what we had said was edited out to a very small amount and instead of it being about us, you see Izzy in all of her glory, lying to the public once again. You can't just go to the local papers anymore because they have all been bought out and will only report the way they have been told too... Unfortunately that's flat out not true news reporting and doesn't help pass on the truth to the general public at all. A lot of time was spent preparing what was to be said and in the end, our facts were cut out as we were mislead into thinking that the interview was for us, and not focused on Izzy at all.
Debate on Calif. Suction Dredge Mining Hitting Courts | Latest News Videos | Fox News

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This clip is proof no one knows what the hell they are doing! You guys got hosed because the reporter had a slant and you allowed yourselves to be used. I am talking about holding your OWN press conferences, dog & pony shows, and sending out press releases in a coordinated manner. That means getting out of your wetsuits and putting on ties! Learning how to present your case to the public in a sympathetic/empathetic manner. You get burned once or twice so you give up? Rubbish!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The easterner, carpetbagging in Arizona, forgets that we live in Commiefornia:laughing7:

Look, I was raised in Arizona. Alhambra High, ASU. I was gold prospecting on horseback in the Bradshaw mountains as a child with my father. You people that THINK you know who I am need to smoke some reality. I have not forgotten you are in California (I pray for you every day), and calling me a "carpetbagger" does not solve our problems. Why aren't you guys more open to new idea's? Are yours working?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get burned once or twice so you give up? Rubbish!
We're not the one's giving up, I'm stating the facts. We have had and will continue to fight like always. We have done your, "holding your OWN press conferences, dog & pony shows, and sending out press releases in a coordinated manner. That means getting out of your wetsuits and putting on ties," and we are having another show this weekend in Foresthill, CA. You act like we are doing nothing, yet we keep presenting you with more facts.

You started this thread with - " How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?
WHY is the American Mining Rights Association in Papua New Guinea? Are they spending donations to be there? WTF?"

Now we've shown you plenty and you're still talking down to us all. If you are so much better, then why haven't we seen you involved in any of this? We've been fighting our fights and losing more and more for a long time, but you and everyone else in the world are seeing it on the news. You wouldn't be seeing anything even in the news if we had just done nothing. You said, "This is why I think money given to ANY of the org's is just waste and wishing. Today's gold prospector/miners can't agree on ANYTHING." Today the Goldhounds are are working the annual Foresthill Heritage Festival and hosting the California State Gold panning Championships. Next weekend in Placerville is the World Championships. You can't continue to say we are doing nothing...
We are reaching millions of people, even the negative one's just like you :)
2016 World Gold Panning Championship ? El Dorado Gold Week 2016

Big Events : Foresthill Divide Chamber of Commerce : GroupSpaces

Goldhounds Live Page

We continue to educate and fight the fight. AMRA is right here with us along with many other Gold groups.

CyndyB_Championship-flyer-2.jpg

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're not the one's giving up, I'm stating the facts. We have had and will continue to fight like always. We have done your, "holding your OWN press conferences, dog & pony shows, and sending out press releases in a coordinated manner. That means getting out of your wetsuits and putting on ties," and we are having another show this weekend in Foresthill, CA. You act like we are doing nothing, yet we keep presenting you with more facts.

You started this thread with - " How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?
WHY is the American Mining Rights Association in Papua New Guinea? Are they spending donations to be there? WTF?"

Now we've shown you plenty and you're still talking down to us all. If you are so much better, then why haven't we seen you involved in any of this? We've been fighting our fights and losing more and more for a long time, but you and everyone else in the world are seeing it on the news. You wouldn't be seeing anything even in the news if we had just done nothing. You said, "This is why I think money given to ANY of the org's is just waste and wishing. Today's gold prospector/miners can't agree on ANYTHING." Today the Goldhounds are are working the annual Foresthill Heritage Festival and hosting the California State Gold panning Championships. Next weekend in Placerville is the World Championships. You can't continue to say we are doing nothing...
We are reaching millions of people, even the negative one's just like you
:)
2016 World Gold Panning Championship ? El Dorado Gold Week 2016

Big Events : Foresthill Divide Chamber of Commerce : GroupSpaces

Goldhounds Live Page

We continue to educate and fight the fight. AMRA is right here with us along with many other Gold groups.

View attachment 1354757

If you have been doing press conferences Reed, no one has heard of or seen them.

What is it exactly that you have shown me? Have you, AMRA, or PLP moved my rights any further than they were in 2010 when I donated to PLP? What has been accomplished doing things your/AMRA's way?

Wow! Once a year you folks have Gold Panning Championships - BUT, you fail to use the publicity to INFORM THE PUBLIC CALIFORNIA HAS TRAMPLED OUR RIGHT TO DREDGE! Not on the flyers, not on the posters, no one referring to it in the print or electronic press, no discussion of it before or after the event..

Or is there?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C'mon guys, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with some facts.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• FTFHFR.jpg
    FTFHFR.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 73

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking out the quote mark so it's easier to read. Your statements are in Red -
QUOTE=Terry Soloman;5109097If you have been doing press conferences Reed, no one has heard of or seen them.
Even Trump is being cut out when it comes to the good he is doing. We hear and read about the fight here in the papers and of course online, but it's not something that the media is going to put out where you are. Your Profile says New York...
"Shut it Down!": Reuters Orders Cameraman to Kill Positive Trump Footage » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

What is it exactly that you have shown me?
In the last few posts - plenty... You don't need to watch the movies but there's a ton of info on what AMRA and plenty of others have been doing.

Have you, AMRA, or PLP moved my rights any further than they were in 2010 when I donated to PLP?
What did you donate to PLP for? Are your rights being violated in New York or wherever you or your mines are located? Did you expect to get interest back on what you gave to PLP or do you just donate for your own interests? I know that I have gotten back a lot from my donations in helping Brandon pay for attorney fee's and even food because the government is wringing every cent that they can out of him. My money has gone to help many of our meetings, hand outs, etc. My movies and pictures have been used many times in our local papers. Your donations have at the very least made a lot more people aware of what's been going on.
What has been accomplished doing things your/AMRA's way? Once again, lots of answers are in the movies above. Once again we have helped keep Brandon afloat. Once again we have been able to afford to continue fighting for our mining rights here in California... And now Oregon and Idaho also shown in different videos already. Here's more on it from the ICMJ -

MMAC & PLP Update - ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

Wow! Once a year you folks have Gold Panning Championships - BUT, you fail to use the publicity to INFORM THE PUBLIC CALIFORNIA HAS TRAMPLED OUR RIGHT TO DREDGE! Not on the flyers, not on the posters, no one referring to it in the print or electronic press, no discussion of it before or after the event..

Or is there?
/QUOTE

We have had flyer's, posters, speaches, etc, but not on a national level. Obviously you live in a place that's out of touch of what is going on. Join a mailing list if you haven't received anything... Join the ICMJ, every month they touch on what's going on in the mining world. Obviously there a lot of people here willing to admit that there's a lot of coverage all over the area. With all of the people and organizations in line with this, there has been a lot of press. But once again, the press doesn't report on what they have been told not to especially on a national level. There's a ton of news out there and a lot of people are and have been on board...
News | PEOPLE V RINEHART

Dredgers defend mining rights in California Supreme Court

» Brandon Rinehart case

http://theminingalliance.com/newsletters/2013/february2013.pdf

Western Mining Alliance

People v. Rinehart - S222620 - Mon, 08/22/2016 | California Supreme Court Resources

New development in People v. Rinehart suction gold dredging case - Miner's News - ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

January | 2016 | Public Lands For The People

So what have they done for you? As far as I'm concerned, that's not really the point. The point is what have they done with your donations. There's plenty of proof above...

I don't have internet at my mining claim and was gone, so your cricket was a good impersonation of the real thing I was listening to this weekend at the river. We had a great time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Reed, if you're happy then I guess all is good in the world. Best of luck getting back in the water. Using the tactics you are now, you are going to need all the luck you can step in. :skullflag:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Reed, if you're happy then I guess all is good in the world. Best of luck getting back in the water. Using the tactics you are now, you are going to need all the luck you can step in. :skullflag:

Whether I'm happy or not, I've done a lot, as so many people have. I may not be happy with the decisions being thrown at us in California by the Legislature and their cronies but this hasn't been the Land of the Free for a very long time now. Another thing that surprises me is now the government has once again taken more land back from the Native Americans... Did you see anything about these attacks in the news?
Click the link - Dakota Access Pipeline: Native American protesters 'attacked' with pepper spray and guard dogs | The Independent

Then here's more -

Yes, this is what it has come too and we have had enough Rally's that have been successful at teaching people about gold dredging with a hands on view for a lot of years. I continue donating and doing my part for our community, fighting for my rights and have the Sheriff's telling me that they have no problem with me dredging my claim. I have talked with a number of them. The only people stopping anyone here is the Forest Service and many of the Rangers are on our side and know the truth. Out of a million plus views on my YouTube channel, how many people didn't know anything about mining before watching my movies? People call me by name everywhere I go and they know me by name even though we have never met. If we all just keep doing our part, do we have a chance of winning? Legally, I would say - Yes, but when I watch Izzy and her Cronies flat out lie over and over when they tell people that dredges spread mercury and contaminate the water and kill fish, I know the truth and try to educate people. Untitled.jpg

This is what the media puts out for people to see. This so called by the USFS illegal miner with his licensed and bonded approved completely legal and clean running mine...

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
You sure don't see Izzy or her cronies crowing about all the mercury they are pulling out of Combie, because there none, yet they continue to recieve grants to continue the FRAUD:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread