How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try to stay focused Reed. Let's let the Native American's fight their own battles, I think we have enough on our plate at the moment. I'm coming up on 3-million views of my YouTube channel Reed. I don't think YouTube is going to help or hurt us in this "fight."

I think Brandon Rinehardt should have been convicted. That way we would have had a martyr to rally behind. AMRA could have paid him $2,000.00 a month to travel around California speaking and spreading the word - and SAVED all of us a lot of money! The "movement" needs a stronger PUBLIC outreach, and a NEW set of goals.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Why not offer your services pro bono and help the cause?

Try to stay focused Reed. Let's let the Native American's fight their own battles, I think we have enough on our plate at the moment. I'm coming up on 3-million views of my YouTube channel Reed. I don't think YouTube is going to help or hurt us in this "fight."

I think Brandon Rinehardt should have been convicted. That way we would have had a martyr to rally behind. AMRA could have paid him $2,000.00 a month to travel around California speaking and spreading the word - and SAVED all of us a lot of money! The "movement" needs a stronger PUBLIC outreach, and a NEW set of goals.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If people are goin beg from the community they should be giving to the community.. If you think lawyers and judges and the government is your salvation then support AMRA PLP MMAC and these others.. Me I put my time and effort in where I live.. I do not put any faith in the system nor these groups who claim to support the miners! They support Lawyers and themselves.. Give money for the rest of your life . no turnin back now!!.once you start paying for your rights theur aint no goin baack. I can only account for where I live and what ive have witnessed.. These groups have absolutely no effect where I live.. The whole dam state of Cali nor even on a smaller scale as in my county.. That's a fact!
They can talk and they can fundraise and they can promise.. Just BS. Now its my thought that these enviromentalists have taken our rights... these mining groups have taken away a miners dignity and every last dollar to boot.

Enjoy your dollar claims and your raffles and promises of a better future.. Enjoy yourself..
Either way makes no difference to me.. I don't need to pay to play.. I am sorry that these groups make people feel like they do..

I am glad this thread has yet to die.. maybe it will prelude the death of these modern day beggers...

Reed maybe I will bother you for an afternoon soon (maybe). I think I know where you might be.. I hope life is treating you and Karen well.. Looks like you have been having a great time..

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did once Oakview2, to Jerry Hobbs. Got turned down cold. So far it really doesn't look like anyone in California want to change direction. From this thread, a few of you make it clear you think backing AMRA, and funding the hopeless Brandon Rinehardt case to the bitter end is going to get yo back on the rivers dredging again.

Sure, I would work with Mr. Poe and AMRA if asked, or anyone else serious about creating a real public and corporate relations and education program designed to reach lawmakers, societal influencer's, college, high school. and elementary educators and students. :skullflag:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thought? (like anyone cares but I'm going to throw it out anyway. :laughing7:) This is exactly what they want and scary, almost by design? Is people that are like minded fighting against each other instead of "bonding". Sounds insane but I really believe that to an extent. We're too busy arguing each other on any "rights" type issue that we might be missing the bigger picture?

Ok, sounds crazy, I know!:laughing7: Just a thought!:dontknow:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to add something, I watched a rerun of Sharktank. There was a mining product on there. I wonder how much damage that one episode did to the Idea of "mining" on a small scale. The show gave out the impression that it was a "Kids product". Sounds trivial, but watch and dissect what was said. It also got the funding, and did have a kind of positive view, but if any of us would have no idea about the topic? I'd bet we would get the impression of "Hobby" or "kids" products. After watching and thinking about it, I can see maybe a negative or not serious opinion given to people that don't understand, BY the millions!!!!!!

Added....
one of the sharks even "has a friend" that mines and he goes through this money and machinery to find "just a little gold". I don't remember the exact words. These are people that are looked up too! And just made mining in a round about way, sound petty and more of a game. In a way....I ask anyone to dissect that show, and see what I'm getting at!

Everytime that episode plays, it gives millions of people an "idea" that could be associated to mining on a small scale.etc.....After watching that and thinking about this thread? It kind of gives a perspective of a the possible battle.

Maybe I try to read into some of this too much. Just something I noticed watching the show.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thought? (like anyone cares but I'm going to throw it out anyway. :laughing7:) This is exactly what they want and scary, almost by design? Is people that are like minded fighting against each other instead of "bonding". Sounds insane but I really believe that to an extent. We're too busy arguing each other on any "rights" type issue that we might be missing the bigger picture?

Ok, sounds crazy, I know!:laughing7: Just a thought!:dontknow:

It's not that complicated. If there is a void something will fill it. Dredgers are not being treated correctly. They are being restricted by disputed and inconclusive government reports, and a California legislature dominated by environmentalist funded lawmakers. Now other states may try and institute restrictions on their rivers, like Idaho, which has already begun this practice.

Most believe that backing Rinehardt will give them some type of "victory" in the end, and hold him up as some sort of Golden Calf. Not me. Time to come up with a new plan and some new ideas. A larger focus on positive reasoning and education rather than anger and lawyers.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not that complicated. If there is a void something will fill it. Dredgers are not being treated correctly. They are being restricted by disputed and inconclusive government reports, and a California legislature dominated by environmentalist funded lawmakers. Now other states may try and institute restrictions on their rivers, like Idaho, which has already begun this practice.

Most believe that backing Rinehardt will give them some type of "victory" in the end, and hold him up as some sort of Golden Calf. Not me. Time to come up with a new plan and some new ideas. A larger focus on positive reasoning and education rather than anger and lawyers.

I get what your saying I think, But I see how what they are doing is good too they are taking a stand and bring attention in their part.

The sad thing is? This topic needs BIG money backing to snuff it out. There is too much going against it. Then when the public that doesn't really care is fed just a few lines from the show I mentioned above and others on related trouble causing topics based on false or twisted science? That can have a huge impact on public opinion, TV is where the majority learn! Sad to say. That show may sound trivial, But may have had a huge negative impact or "teaching"? Or "programming":laughing7: Whatever word anyone wants to use. Sometimes the most subtle phrases or ideas really stick!!! Especially if the guy giving them is looked up to or an "authority" on anything involving making money or whatever.

Same thing with Guns....and the second....Kind of the same example basically behind it."You don't need that to hunt" even though that has nothing to do with the right. But the public has been taught that or a portion of it.

Added....Because I do find topics like this interesting! :laughing7:

There are two books that gave me my way of looking at some things! And if anyone plans on fighting a battle with the system? I believe these two books or ideas of the books need to be understood. "Propaganda" and "Human Relations" By Bernays

I've mentioned those in other threads, I do believe there is a lot to those! Especially when trying to understand how to fight battles! There are others too...Lackoff,Alinsky etc...And others I can't remember because my memory stinks, but I remember ideas... All these topics and writers Ideas or theories play into subjects like this....And the word warfare type stuff.

So, yes! I get your point Terry!! But it also takes the small guys to start the publics interest or hearing what's going on too! :dontknow:

Ok!! You used up my thought limit for today! and there wasn't much in there!!:laughing7: Ok I'm done rambling my nonsesne, just interesting to me in ways. The head of the snake needs cut! What is the Main cause? and how to head it off? What resources are needed? If not? this battle will never end! But the small guys and court battles are needed along the way too. Not meaning they are small guys, just comparing to the whole picture. The same people taking mining Rights? May be the same that are trying to limit or take others?:dontknow: Because of an "Ideal"? It's like a religion! Or "cult" maybe?:laughing7:

Never mind my crap! Just writing thoughts that I can't even articulate!:laughing7::laughing7::icon_scratch: Basically? Get to the top! And the main dude or group in charge type of thing!:laughing7: We would like to think it's "us" but sometimes a little help doesn't hurt.

And yes!! I had a few minutes of complete boredom!!:laughing7::laughing7: Just feel strong about the whole subject of Rights and where they are headed.....Why? How can it be stopped? Maybe I'm over complicating it, but I feel there is really a lot to it, and a lot of things fighting against it.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people are goin beg from the community they should be giving to the community.. If you think lawyers and judges and the government is your salvation then support AMRA PLP MMAC and these others.. Me I put my time and effort in where I live.. I do not put any faith in the system nor these groups who claim to support the miners! They support Lawyers and themselves.. Give money for the rest of your life . no turnin back now!!.once you start paying for your rights theur aint no goin baack. I can only account for where I live and what ive have witnessed.. These groups have absolutely no effect where I live.. The whole dam state of Cali nor even on a smaller scale as in my county.. That's a fact!
They can talk and they can fundraise and they can promise.. Just BS. Now its my thought that these enviromentalists have taken our rights... these mining groups have taken away a miners dignity and every last dollar to boot.

Enjoy your dollar claims and your raffles and promises of a better future.. Enjoy yourself..
Either way makes no difference to me.. I don't need to pay to play.. I am sorry that these groups make people feel like they do..

I am glad this thread has yet to die.. maybe it will prelude the death of these modern day beggers...

Reed maybe I will bother you for an afternoon soon (maybe). I think I know where you might be.. I hope life is treating you and Karen well.. Looks like you have been having a great time..

I did once Oakview2, to Jerry Hobbs. Got turned down cold. So far it really doesn't look like anyone in California want to change direction. From this thread, a few of you make it clear you think backing AMRA, and funding the hopeless Brandon Rinehardt case to the bitter end is going to get yo back on the rivers dredging again.

Sure, I would work with Mr. Poe and AMRA if asked, or anyone else serious about creating a real public and corporate relations and education program designed to reach lawmakers, societal influencer's, college, high school. and elementary educators and students. :skullflag:

It's not like we are all just backing Brandon Reinhart, we are doing plenty of other things as well that all pertain to his case but started out well before the 2009 moratorium in the first place; Like fighting against the Sierra Fund, Trout Unlimited, the Karuk Indians, the center for bilogical diversity, the Idaho Department of Water Resources, the Forest Service, the EPA, etc. etc. etc. We have been fighting these environmental groups and even attending their meetings for many years. The dredging ban didn't start with Brandon, but his case is as important to our cause as any of them are. How many cases are we fighting right now because of this ban? It's not just Brandon's or SB 670...

Victor, your just not seeing what the clubs have done for you in protecting you -yourself from being limited to hands and pans only in the Auburn State Rec Area. It wasn't that long ago that the Motherlode Goldhounds came up to the plate and fought the ASRA Rangers when they tried to outlaw sluicing, any use of tools and wanting to bring it down to Hands and pans only. A ranger attempted to stop me and others from Sluicing. I don't know what the others said but I helped the ranger understand where he was wrong, then I went to the next GH meeting and the Goldhounds all discussed what to do next. Then the Goldhounds went down to the office and found out after being given a copy of the "New" rules, that they were not legal and that the ASRA had no authority to change those rules in the first place and that a signature had been forged onto their new paperwork making it look official. After being challenged and the truth came out, the ASRA immediately stepped back and lifted their bogus attempt to change the laws themselves. That was a few years ago and we have once again seen this problem appear in the last few weeks. I know that the Goldhounds have my back and for the few dollars a year, they are worth many times that amount as a group of miners.

Hey Oak, at least we did tell them where the mercury was :evil6:
One of the many videos created by miners to fight the Sierra Fund and Karuk's against the dredge ban. There's plenty more.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not like we are all just backing Brandon Reinhart, we are doing plenty of other things as well that all pertain to his case but started out well before the 2009 moratorium in the first place; Like fighting against the Sierra Fund, Trout Unlimited, the Karuk Indians, the center for bilogical diversity, the Idaho Department of Water Resources, the Forest Service, the EPA, etc. etc. etc. We have been fighting these environmental groups and even attending their meetings for many years. The dredging ban didn't start with Brandon, but his case is as important to our cause as any of them are. How many cases are we fighting right now because of this ban? It's not just Brandon's or SB 670...

Reed, you are a good man, fighting what you believe to be the good fight. I respect you for that. I just don't agree with all of the current tactics. I think backing Brandon was a huge tactical mistake that has cost too much money, and has taken the focus away from the larger fight. Good luck to you, and I sincerely hope you guys and gals will adopt a broader defense of dredging that includes a healthy public relations element. :skullflag:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I think EVERYONE should read "Set up and sold out" by Holly Swenson . This book was refered to me by a good friend "Jus me John" (John Eden)from Washington State . this book is from a lady that was deeply involved with the enviro movement and believed it UNTILL she overheard one of the leaders of their group and did a little research and found out that they were lying to her and everyone else about their mission! I could only read so much of this book at one time because it pzzed me off so much.. I did finish the book and NEVER FORGOT IT ! I think itll open many eyes into the wacoenviromentalists mission. Manny people already know of this and are fighting them , some need to understand and that's where informing the public is a very important goal that MUST be done!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread