How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This was a private trip out side of AMRA and if you are astute you will recognize at least one other American from private industry

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you are right Oakview. Yes I noticed the "other" American. I just have strong feelings since giving money to PLP, and now AMRA. Still a little upset by the trip to Washington DC they wrote off on the Org. :skullflag:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could say more, this trip has been planned for some time, and was outside of any AMRA business or finance.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you are right Oakview. Yes I noticed the "other" American. I just have strong feelings since giving money to PLP, and now AMRA. Still a little upset by the trip to Washington DC they wrote off on the Org.

Disclaimer.... I am an AMRA board member. Not sure of the real world identity of Oakview but he is 100% correct. No one went to PNG on AMRA's dime. The AMRA board would not have approved of the president or anyone else to make a personal business trip funded in any way by AMRA. Monday we had a meeting to try to decide how to pay for the annual filing fees for all of our claims and many of the Board members coughed up their personal gold again.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disclaimer.... I am an AMRA board member. Not sure of the real world identity of Oakview but he is 100% correct. No one went to PNG on AMRA's dime. The AMRA board would not have approved of the president or anyone else to make a personal business trip funded in any way by AMRA. Monday we had a meeting to try to decide how to pay for the annual filing fees for all of our claims and many of the Board members coughed up their personal gold again.

I think a lot of people think that Shannon makes all the decisions on their own. I'm not a member don't know If I will ever be. Though I know quite a few and they are all great people. Thanks for bringing some reality to the situation Jere64.

I do agree with Terry it bugs the crap out of me that they support and spend funds on MMAC

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MMAC has been the leading force (and source) behind reorganizing mining districts and have made huge progress in this area.

GPAA, AMRA, MMAC,WMRA, New 49ers, PLP ect......They all need to be locked into a room (and not let out) til they sort out their petty differences. United we stand divided we get our a$$ handed to us.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to be clear,,,, PLP supports MMAC,,,, AMRA not so much.

If you ask me, Shannon and Walt seem to get along OK but it could be better.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMAC has been the leading force (and source) behind reorganizing mining districts and have made huge progress in this area.

GPAA, AMRA, MMAC,WMRA, New 49ers, PLP ect......They all need to be locked into a room (and not let out) til they sort out their petty differences. United we stand divided we get our a$$ handed to us.

They are the leading force in talking about mining districts. The only people who can do anything about mining districts are claim holders within districts that you can actually find bylaws for historic districts. Do the dude?pushing MMAC have claims? Are they within an active district? What act of congress gives their situation and actions power to affect other claim holders in other separate regions? There can be no new districts. A district can not by definition cover the huge areas they are starting to be professed as "covering" ! Mining districts when in place help claim owners. Not all miners and prospectors. MMAC is wheel spinning! And not because of mud but, because the wrong people are trying to drive a car they shouldn't be in.

It would be nice if these groups got together in one room and read the acts together, talked about it and formulated a common plan and started using donations in a focused manner, sourced the proper grant writers and started filing some of their own lawsuits. Rather than constantly asking for shorin' up money and putting it towards new round abouts and not using the power of the combined acts and case law!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are the leading force in talking about mining districts. The only people who can do anything about mining districts are claim holders within districts that you can actually find bylaws for historic districts. Do the dude?pushing MMAC have claims? Are they within an active district? What act of congress gives their situation and actions power to affect other claim holders in other separate regions? There can be no new districts. A district can not by definition cover the huge areas they are starting to be professed as "covering" ! Mining districts when in place help claim owners. Not all miners and prospectors. MMAC is wheel spinning! And not because of mud but, because the wrong people are trying to drive a car they shouldn't be in.

It would be nice if these groups got together in one room and read the acts together, talked about it and formulated a common plan and started using donations in a focused manner, sourced the proper grant writers and started filing some of their own lawsuits. Rather than constantly asking for shorin' up money and putting it towards new round abouts and not using the power of the combined acts and case law!

This is why I think money given to ANY of the org's is just waste and wishing. Today's gold prospector/miners can't agree on ANYTHING. Ninety-five percent are cheap, Type "A", middle-aged white guy wanna-be's, better suited to buying pre-packaged pay dirt than actually working the dirt. The people at the top of these org's are the only ones benefiting from donations. In my opinion, they are all pyramid schemes.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I think money given to ANY of the org's is just waste and wishing.

Brandon Rinehart would not have been able to get past the first trial court if it had not been for the New 49ers, PLP and AMRA. Specifically the significant money they were able to assist with in his cause. Secondly, it was these organizations, and other smaller ones not mentioned, that lead the way with the letter writing campaign that was able to get the Third Appellate Court decision to go from unpublished to published.

ratled

ratled

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Brandon Rinehart would not have been able to get past the first trial court if it had not been for the New 49ers, PLP and AMRA. Specifically the significant money they were able to assist with in his cause. Secondly, it was these organizations, and other smaller ones not mentioned, that lead the way with the letter writing campaign that was able to get the Third Appellate Court decision to go from unpublished to published.

ratled

ratled

As you say in your signature: Never confuse motion with progress.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The founders of MMAC personally reorganized the Rand Mining District where their own claim holdings are and this was huge as it totally "rocked" government over-reach in the area. The Rand miners now have a government recognized voice and AUTHORITY as to what takes place on public land within our mining district. My claims are located here so I've had a front row seat watching it all play out. Since this has happened, I have seen no more road closures, fences, gates or new "areas of critical environmental concern" suddenly created. MMAC has also helped other miners take up the task to reorg. their local mining district and find original bylaws. MMAC is ligit as I've benefited of it first hand.

As for all you whiners out there who like to discredit and talk $*!t about those standing up for out rights all I can say is, thank God our Founding Fathers didn't think like you.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you say in your signature: Never confuse motion with progress.

remember that the New 49ers and PLP both have an actual ruling in favor of the miners for federal preemption. Yes this is based on Brandon's fight for the right to present his federal evidence.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ratled

ratled

When Brandon and ALL other suction dredgers are back in the water - THEN we'll talk. Right now, it looks to me like the ONLY people getting anything out of our money is lawyers and organizations promoting those lawyers. A couple os satisfied California claim holders doesn't do a damn thing for the rest of us. :skullflag:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Miners Meeting that AMRA hosted last year and the TWO that will be in October this year are designed to get everyone on the same page and set some priorities. By far the biggest point of contention is how to spend the very small amount of donation dollars that the various groups pull in. (boy, was that sentence an understatement) Each group has a very different idea of the what the best course of action is. These meetings cost AMRA a little bit but we feel like they are a "must do".

I challenge each one of you reading this to investigate what direction the various groups are working towards, how much money they are generating and how cost effective there efforts are. If you will be attending the Miners Meeting educate yourself on the current situation of things and be prepared to make reasonable and logical recommendations.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Brandon and ALL other suction dredgers are back in the water - THEN we'll talk. Right now, it looks to me like the ONLY people getting anything out of our money is lawyers and organizations promoting those lawyers. A couple os satisfied California claim holders doesn't do a damn thing for the rest of us. :skullflag:

AMRA has given Brandon our personal guarantee that his family will not be financially burdened by his case. If his case goes down in a ball of flames nobody will ever be "back in the water" and the cancer will spread to every state and if we had not funded the case it would have been all over a long time ago. The only lawyer being paid on Brandon's side is Buchal and after looking at his bills I think he is only charging for about 1/4 of his time actually put in on the case. Now, the States lawyers,,,, well your tax dollars are paying them,,,, so ,,,, ya.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Martori does not have a mining claim in Kern or San Bernadino County. Therefore he can not even be part of a mining district. contract miners follow district rules they don't make or change them Claim owners do( within an active recognized district) please show the documentation that shows how the state or fed. actually recognize the 'Rand Mining District. If they are so powerful how come the only place you find mention of it in the ICMJ?

MMAC has nothing to do with why fences and gates aren't going up in the desert.

Discussing facts and glossed over details is not "talking:censored:"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread