A little suction dredge merc recovry article

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little suction dredge merc recovery tid bit

Thought you all might like this

CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY ALLOWS FOR ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, COST-EFFECTIVE MERCURY REMEDIATION - Press Release - Digital Journal

"Shell Dredging uses its revolutionary 15-inch jet suction dredge to safely and effectively eliminate mercury and other poisonous contaminants from any water body, ensuring the long-term health of rivers and streams."

ratled

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
100% correct observation, most claim owners do not do what is necessary to prove the validity of there claim and legally record it. Thankfully the BLM is not in the habit of doing Claim Validity Tests unless there is some kind trigger event like if the area is "withdrawn from mineral entry" or a legal battle. IMHO this is why there have not been any "takings" suits filed against the state with this dredging ban going on for so long. That would be a trigger event that would put your claim on the chopping block for a Validity Test. If you cant legally prove the worth of your claim there was no "taking". So few claim owners have legally proven there claims that virtually all of the cases would be lost.

Nail on the head time! That's why first thing I do on a claim is to take samples in a specific order, map down to the foot where each was taken from and record the results. Not only does this help to prove the value of the claim, but I can also get an idea of how the bedrock runs under the surface. In my little corner of AridZona, I'm not to worried about them coming in and closing off areas. There's really no reason for them to do so. Even so I'm going to protect what I've worked for. But anyone with claims in that little corner of the state between the Colorado River, Nevada and Utah state lines had better make sure they've proven their claims. OBummer is looking to make that entire area into another of his monuments to nothing. The state and many other groups are fighting it but with his track record on "Executive Orders"........

It's only wise to take the time to sample, test and record results so you can prove the value of your claim. You've already invested a lot of time on your research, materials and time for staking and the money on your filing fees. To not protect your investment is just plain dumb! I'm not sure how many others feel, but my time is valuable and research can take a lot of time if you're doing it right. Does it take away from actual mining time? Well yes and no. Testing is mining of a sort and it can in fact show you the best areas to work so you can make your investment back as quickly as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions