Fresno AMRA claim has been mined out

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the southern foothills of the sierra nevadas is an amra claim close to fresno and Clovis. I was invited by a member to prospect and mine there and spent 4 days there sample panning and punching holes detecting sluicing and hibanking. With very small results. The superficial mining that's been done there makes it nearly impossible for a small scale miner to get good color. I advise going to a different amra claim. Also cleaned up 2 buckets full and a bag full of trash.. Another thing. I'm not bagging on amras claims just informing the members that gold isn't easy to find on this claim. I'd happily join amra if I had an extra bit of "donation" money laying around.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dannyg

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gravel bars were mostly classified due to hibankers in the stream bed. the roots on most of the trees close to the stream have been dug out. the benches are 10+ feet of silty overburden. The inside bends even had trash buried in them from earlier modern miners digging. Lots of bullets and trash from campers and hunters

OP
OP
dannyg

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one were to find some decent color on this claim your really gonna have to hack In there where no one has been before if you can get there someone else probably already has judging by the trash we were pulling out. If I were to go again I would aim for the areas that are steep and dangerous and very overgrown because it just seems like everything else has been hit and I sampled about 1 to 1 and a half miles of the stream behind the campsites. The water there is about dried up hi bankers only have a couple weeks left to run up there before there won't be enough

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one were to find some decent color on this claim your really gonna have to hack In there where no one has been before if you can get there someone else probably already has judging by the trash we were pulling out. If I were to go again I would aim for the areas that are steep and dangerous and very overgrown because it just seems like everything else has been hit and I sampled about 1 to 1 and a half miles of the stream behind the campsites. The water there is about dried up hi bankers only have a couple weeks left to run up there before there won't be enough

You make it sound like the miners have trashed this public land? Sounds about right for that area of California.

That is a shame as it will lead to loss of rights and privileges.

OP
OP
dannyg

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in truth we can't blame that on just the miners we're the ones cleaning it up out there. Its the damn ATV and dirt bike riders out there partying and those who don't appreciate the land for what it is.

OP
OP
dannyg

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience here for ten years the coast is clean and nice aside from the tourists who trash it after they weekend warrior out here. The valley doesnt seem very clean. There are a select few places where cities make corporations clean up and redo part of the town and maintain it other than that its garbage in the wind stuck in the wildlife. There's some unwritten rule for valley people that says its ok to throw thrash on the ground

OP
OP
dannyg

dannyg

Dec 28, 2013
slo county california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll admit I'm young and might need more life experience and haven't seen a lot of the state but I'm a damn good gold panner especially black sands and I'm an astute observer trained by police officers and detectives. If anyone has information on this claims gold and how its running feel free to shut me up and share. I didn't want this thread to start bagging on miners and their claims I started it to get more Info about the claim.

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
most club claims I've heard of (never been on one myself) are mined out. this is what I've gleaned from talking with club members. I'm sure that there'd be some good color on some club claims, but only the remote ones..my theory is that if you can get your gear there from your vehicle in under an hour, you ain't gonna find too much.
and I agree with SchoolOfHardRocks, the comments made against Mexicans or anyone based on the race or origin are ignorant and uncalled for. I've met my share of people and it ain't the color of your skin, it's the color of your heart that matters.
this last season the only mess left out where I was at was caused by a local, and he's whiter than rice.

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well pilgram think its time to delete this post. I can see its gonna get worse even though its a good topic. I live in this crap hole Fresno and most of my spots for panning have been closed by the state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgtled, please post by out rules. Your post was out of line.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those "GREEN" members right? :dontknow: Talk about nasty.. :laughing7:

T

Tuolumne

amra members are not the cleanest or the brightest so Im not surprised they dont pick up after themselves.

I know why that claim has no gold- its a scam!

see you can get lifetime membership if you donate a claim to Amra, then they give you access to all their other claims for free, but it can be any crappy paper claim you "donate" , my neighbor offered his crappy claim nearby drooling at the prospect of getting on a better claim!

sure they say they test everything, but I have yet to see a post with any member having enough to pay gas...... recreational flour gold sure but your not going to get gas money from amra claim without dredging.......

so yeah they have alot of claims but its like GPAA not as good as it seems, sure there is flour gold but you wont pay for your gas on any amra claim.

Amra president and member trashed my claim too, highgrading on my side and didnt even have a GPS to know they were on my claim! They didnt fill there big ass hole either, thanks AMRA for everything u do... stay off my claim!

Last edited:

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "mined out" concept applies to just about every easily accessible part of a club claim. It's just a matter of numbers. Tons of people pull up, hit the same old easy spots, then complain it's mined out :D

It isn't the 1850's anymore. There is still lots of gold out there, you're just going to work harder for it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a reason when someone spends $5,000.00 to hire a helicopter, and spend a week in the mountains. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread