Bad news California

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rinehart lost the CA Supreme Court appeal:

We conclude the state‘s moratorium is not preempted.
The federal laws Rinehart relies upon reflect a congressional intent to afford prospectors secure possession of, and in some instances title to, the places they mine. But while Congress sought to protect miners‘ real property interests, it did not go further and guarantee to them a right to mine immunized from exercises of the states‘ police powers. We
reverse the Court of Appeal.

You can download the whole decision HERE.

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on Terry.... Everyone knows that thinking and lawmakers can not be used in the same sentence! Seems that once you are in a position to make laws... all common sense goes out the window.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
MM I agree with you BUT Most Americans don't care to get involved with ANYTHING political. just look at the count of Americans that actually vote or maybe I should say don't vote .

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting... As my husband and I dredge (in Colorado), it makes us wonder when that will hit our state. It's sad when one actually looking at small mining dredging and sediment/ silt. Disturb the sediment/silt, the fish come looking for goodies to eat. Know this personally saw it happen; had many a fish hit my leg when dredging and they were going after the sediment/silt.

Most people don't get involved until it personally affects them; then its a " does this really impede my way of life"? If it does then, the people do things (sometimes too late) to rectify things. Sad the courts don't understand the problem is not the small miners who dredge, but those who "think" they know all about it and have no idea.
Maybe someone needs to take those judges/the know it all groups down to a local river, suit them up and show them what goes on. Then they would see exactly for their own eyes the fish going after the sediment/silt and finding all kinds of good eats for them. The gold that is in the pan afterwards that just does a heart good as no one has seen that gold in how many years? Same with finding a precious gemstone, mineral.

Okay I thought too much , or not enough coffee.. HAHAHA ... I now have a headache ....hahaha :-)
:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Covet what you have left as closures, restriction and other insanity has already hit your wonderful state. Colorado forum has the latest info-if I post its' name, it just disappears. John

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
09/09/2016 Filed: Letter from respondents, informing the court that The People do not intend to file an answer to the rehearing petition.
By Joshua A. Klein, Deputy Solicitor General.

Does anyone have a link to the petition for rehearing that was filed.
all I have heard is hearsay, something about the courts opinion saying the state shut down hydraulic mining with an injunction.
but it was really the US 9th district circuit court (the Sawyer decision) . IMHO is, the court's opinion is a plagiarization or book report
from Gold vs Grain (biased history) and John Leshy's works (natural resources solicitor for Clinton & on the Obama transition team)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread