Out of the box

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was informed the other day that my store was mentioned in in an article in the Mt. Democrat. I was surprised because I've purposfully had a pretty soft opening. I've only advertised on Facebook and put up signs in town. I want business but, I wanted to grow based on customer input as well. Since I'm not solely a prospecting store I've put that aspect on the marketing back burner and focused on construction and getting in inventory that sells and will be my bread and butter. Float tubes, tackle, fishing gear, rental ice chests, and sluices. Firewood camping supplies etc.
I do not want to carry prospecting gear that isn't quality. I will not be the store selling $1400.00 hi bankers. Though by next spring I will be the one selling $500.00 power sluices that will give the $1400.00 dollar ones a run for their money. When the tourist season winds down my mining season kicks into full gear and I will be doing a lot of research and development.I have made a point to search out small producers. For obvious reasons bazooka was on board right away. I also Hooked up with G.P.A.A and Jobe to get recognizable inventory. But, I really wanted to carry lesser known Items that fill voids and are produced as locally as possible.
One of those Items is made by mORE mining out of Georgetown. Right now you can get his sluice from him directly if you can get in touch with Doug or Albert at Placerville Hardware and at my shop. It is a pretty neat little tool. It's marketed as a roll up sluice. It is compact and light. The bb's that fill the pouch weigh more than the sluice does. It is unnoticeable in your pack. It is great for extreme low flow as you can see in the one video he has made it can be used in water that you could't really get a pan into. Doug says its actually a " hand fan pan" you can run it in deep river water with it laying downstream of the crevice your sniping fanning onto it and feeding it material and not risking losing gold into the cobble you didn't plan on working. It has loops so you can secure it to the bottom with tent stakes as well. You can also pick it up and work it back and forth like a pan. It isn't meant to be a production sluice but, you could use it to produce where you can't run a regular sluice. I think its pretty neat. I will be working with Doug to get some more video's and get his product some more recognition.
The item I really want to get in the shop and to the larger market is the concentrator he has patented. I've seen the working prototype in action and it is pretty dang great. I will be selling my blue bowl!!
You can read Dougs back ground in the article he is a great guy and smart. He lives a little ways out of town. He is a damn good nugget hunter as well and his partner is a geologist. Good guys to know and build working relationships with. He builds his products for personal use and need and that is why I will carry them because they work.
Figured I would share this with you if any one wants further info pm me. or just ask and I'll pm you.

Couple is on a roll with clever inventions Link to the Mt. Democrat article. Pretty cool to have a shop right where the Gold Rush started. And carry products made by other local prospectors!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigAUdog

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Detector(s) used
ML GPZ 7000; Gold Hog Highbanker; Keene 5 Inch Dredge; And much much more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the new store! Sounds like you have a sound plan of operation. When I'm in the area I will provide some business for you. If you're asking for some input on some inventory I would suggest getting some of Doc's Gold Hog matting - preferably the Talon. I know he's not local but I think it would be a nice addition to anyone's inventory. Just to reiterate, I'm not selling Doc or his business...I just love the Talon matting. It catches gold! Good luck and push some inventory.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new store! Sounds like you have a sound plan of operation. When I'm in the area I will provide some business for you. If you're asking for some input on some inventory I would suggest getting some of Doc's Gold Hog matting - preferably the Talon. I know he's not local but I think it would be a nice addition to anyone's inventory. Just to reiterate, I'm not selling Doc or his business...I just love the Talon matting. It catches gold! Good luck and push some inventory.
I use goldhog in my sluices on the claim. I already plan on hitting doc up to become a vendor for the matts. I will also help install them.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The concept for the concentrator, as related in the news article, sounds like it may be similar to the concept in the following link that was developed in New South Wales and also awarded a U.S. patent in 2004. https://riosuerte.com/in-the-beginn...-75-placer-gold-recovery-methods-xv-a-review/ A new twist on an e tower? Also this..Performance of the reflux classifier for gravity separation at full scale

I wish him luck and look forward to it being marketed soon.

Similar but, set up to run heavy concentrates better and allow fast removal of the oversize so you can run larger volumes of con's. I swear by the blue bowl. Can't stand Miller tables so when I saw it run I was sold on it instantly.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! Looking forward to checking it out!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW - way cool you are starting up a nice business for a reasonable group of Clientele, should keep you busy! Best of success with this venture, hope it turns out to be a Golden opportunity!!...............63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pederson Metal Detecting and Mining Products, in Santa Ana, made these in a dozen styles since the early 80's thrown away by the 1,000s ...nothing new here.John

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as always thanks for the positive insight John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS YE SOW-for over 10 years-SO SHALL YE REAP- as I've banned, thrown off and refused you membership in 5 sites I owned/administrated for/moderated for your attitude and insidious posts. And I'm supposed to be all nice'n warm and goodn' feelie hahahaha NOPE after 1,000s of your repeats I've ALMOST lowered myself to your level BUT in spite of all the history all I did was perform a conscientious qualitative product analysis based upon pre existing proven performance, or lack there of ,as at least 3 prior duplicate unsuccessful products. John

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS YE SOW-for over 10 years-SO SHALL YE REAP- as I've banned, thrown off and refused you membership in 5 sites I owned/administrated for/moderated for your attitude and insidious posts. And I'm supposed to be all nice'n warm and goodn' feelie hahahaha NOPE after 1,000s of your repeats I've ALMOST lowered myself to your level BUT in spite of all the history all I did was perform a conscientious qualitative product analysis based upon pre existing proven performance, or lack there of ,as at least 3 prior duplicate unsuccessful products. John
Omg your serious aren't you John. the first forum I joined was Tnet in '09 thats eight years, yet you are so all knowing and powerful you've regulated me for ten, man you are good.
Not at math or the English language but I'm sure there something out there
I've only ever been a member on Tnet 49er mikes and now the G.P.A.A I think I may have joined a nugget shooter. However I have never been banned from or prevented from joining any forums.
I have however browsed many. I have seen you on many and how you treat people when there is no moderation.

Seeing you fabricate info in an attempt to insult me literally made my morning so awesome. Thank you I really mean it! So funny and typical you.
The first time I joined in '09 I saw your name and figured it was because you were a dredger. It didn't take long from reading your posts here and elsewhere. to realize that you picked your name as it was indicative of the fact that you relish in soaking people down and talking about your LONG gone glory days. Hose em down John:notworthy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic

it's sick sick sick by the way....

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher and John bagging on each other....:happy1:

the drama of Tnet never ceases to entertain.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not Drama I'm gonna stand up for myself when he spouts off such nonsense...dude gets way more credit than he deserves. And now he is flat out lying about banning me from forums I've never been on or tried to join. It's pretty dang weird.

Last edited:

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
not Drama I'm gonna stand up for myself when he spouts off such nonsense...dude gets way more credit than he deserves. And now he is flat out lying about banning me from forums I've never been on or tried to join. It's pretty dang weird.

~7 years of dredging withdraws. and we get John.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions