Mining District Meetings

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
There are several mining district meetings scheduled for October. Here are the FB links:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.steele.98892/posts/1162469257144572

https://www.facebook.com/michael.steele.98892/posts/1162469237144574

https://www.facebook.com/michael.steele.98892/posts/1162469137144584

https://www.facebook.com/michael.steele.98892/posts/1162469070477924

All claim owners in those districts should try to attend as well as non claim holders. Get behind your district. Your participation is all that is require, no money.

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Murphys district did work!

Are these districts following State law and informing district miners and the public of their agenda? Have they been properly elected after serving notice on mining claim owners in their district? Has there been proper advance public notice? Facebook is not public and can not serve as notice under the Brown Act governing local legislative bodies.

If you are going to form mining districts and expect them to be treated as legally representing miner's interests it's important to act like a real governing body.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Sorry don't know how to fix. Dry town,Folsom, Placerville, and Grizzly Flats districts meeting October 4, 6:30 pm at 18621 Sherwood St
Plymouth, California 95669.

Lower Caliveritas and Murphy's districts October 6 at 6:30 pm at 24 Church Hill Rd
San Andreas, California 95249

Mariposa district October 11 at 6:30 pm at Eagles Lodge 225 J street, Sanger CA.

All information is on Right to mine on FB.

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
There's a lot of work going on in other areas. FB is not the only notification. I'm trying to help spread the word. I believe these meeting are intended to be informational and to get the ball moving forward.

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I read something about elections and I know they mentioned establishing bylaws. You know what I know. I hope they're doing it correctly.

Just read it again. They are going to hold elections and review bylaws. I think they might be using the old districts but not sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Clay thanks for your insight. I'll pass it along to my contacts. I agree this needs to be done right or we are wasting our time once more.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right to Mine - Robert Guardiola MMAC central valley district administrator https://www.facebook.com/RightToMine/?ref=page_internal

hope they are not re-forming these then telling the miners after the fact, like they did with the Rand Mining District.
you have to have 50% or more of the miners in the original district with a call of a miners meeting.
present the bylaws then have another meeting no less than 2 weeks out to vote them in.
same with officers and board members there has to be nominations then a vote at a later meeting.
post them in a newspaper or trade journal, file them with the county recorder
then preferably present them to another public body such as at a county commissioners meeting.

Roberts Rules of Order

Last edited:
OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Right to Mine - Robert Guardiola MMAC central valley district administrator https://www.facebook.com/RightToMine/?ref=page_internal

hope they are not re-forming these then telling the miners after the fact, like they did with the Rand Mining District.
you have to have 50% or more of the miners in the original district with a call of a miners meeting.
present the bylaws then have another meeting no less than 2 weeks out to vote them in.
same with officers and board members there has to be nominations then a vote at a later meeting.
post them in a newspaper or trade journal, file them with the county recorder
then preferably present them to another public body such as at a county commissioners meeting.

Roberts Rules of Order

My understanding is that MMAC is the driving force behind establishing the mining districts. They don't want money, they want miners participation, claim holders (only claim holders can participate in the decision making process of their district) or non claim holders (if a miner plans on getting a claim the meetings will be informative) . MMAC is there to educate all miners about the districts and the power the mining districts have. Again, all miners should get behind this movement.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining Districts are great but if you read the fine print, "any local laws or regulations of mining district are superseded by the May 10th 1872 act of Congress."
there's a lot that mining districts can do like coordination on federal action but that would get nowhere by demanding they change longstanding legal interpretations
there is still a difference between land use coordination and environmental regulation, what will get miners back in the water is a "finding of no significant impact"
based on an existing conditions baseline, not a baseline of before humans. the WMA CEQA lawsuit is the one to watch now.

Last edited:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining Districts are great but if you read the fine print, "any local laws or regulations of mining district are superseded by the May 10th 1872 act of Congress."
there's a lot that mining districts can do like coordination on federal action but that would get nowhere by demanding they change longstanding legal interpretations
there is still a difference between land use coordination and environmental regulation, what will get miners back in the water is a "finding of no significant impact"
based on an existing conditions baseline, not a baseline of before humans. the WMA CEQA lawsuit is the one to watch now.

I hear that dredgers in the Oregon SB 838 areas are going ahead and dredging with impunity because of the Mining Districts influence,,,, I would really like to get confirmation of this, not just hearsay.

Yep, CEQA case is next on the chopping block,

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hear that dredgers in the Oregon SB 838 areas are going ahead and dredging with impunity because of the Mining Districts influence,,,, I would really like to get confirmation of this, not just hearsay.

Yep, CEQA case is next on the chopping block,

I know several dredgers ignoring that law. None of them want anything to do with the current mining "districts". "Impunity" is a big word I prefer "making a living". :thumbsup:

I doubt you will get any first hand testimony on this forum. Everything but first hand knowledge is hearsay.

Heavy Pans

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our mining districts in southern Oregon are having a great influence and people are mining,
the main rivers are closed and no one is openly dredging them, lots of smaller streams are still open or
just so isolated with short budgets they are not actively arresting anyone.
we have a lot of people working behind the scenes working on solutions,
some state representatives are miners, some county commissioners are mining claim owners
in Josephine county, we have people on the mining advisory board part of county board of commissioners.
it takes people getting involved and not just sitting on the sidelines...

for a mining district with any group you have to watch for power & control issues
and following theory's that will leave you without a claim and bankrupt.

Last edited:

getmesomegold

Greenie
Jul 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These meetings will be in this months ICMJ and a few local publications as well as notices will be going by mail to claim owners shortly

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder how effective mining districts will be once MMAC and their affiliates get done butchering them?

T

Tuolumne

Where is the tuolumne county meeting? Where are the maps? Mariposa is a huge district....

Would it be possible to send post cards to all claim holders on file w county or blm?

All my claim neighbors know nothing about this.

20,000 claim owners to contact, maybe 1% will show to meetings?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread