How to restake forfeited claim?

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me out with the proper method/forms to restake a placer claim in Oregon. My father usually handles this but he is currently working as a guard at a large mine in Nevada and can't take care of it. I just paid the 2017 fee only to have It returned. Turns out my father forgot to pay last year and the claim was forfeited and closed. I've bed able to find out that the claim is still closed and no one else has grabbed it but the blm website is completely worthless and I'm unsure of the proper method and paper work involved to reclaim it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post a location notice on the claim, file with the county recorder, then send that and $212 to BLM (with original ink signature) add 155 for each 20 acres over the first 20
dont forget the quarter section map I just go the geocommunicator turn on PLSS print out the section then fill in with a black sharpe
Locating and Recording a Mining Claim/Site Oregon/Washington BLM

for Oregon I use the Stevens-Ness location notice 897 some places here you can get them at the clerks office
or you can get them online Stevens-Ness Law Publishing Co. - Portland, OR

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
post a location notice on the claim, file with the county recorder, then send that and $212 to BLM (has to have original ink signers) add 155 for each 20 over the first 20
dont forget the quarter section map I just go the geocommunicator turn on PLSS print out the section then fill in with a black sharpe
Locating and Recording a Mining Claim/Site Oregon/Washington BLM

for Oregon I use the Stevens-Ness location notice 897 some places here you can get them at the clerks office
or you can get them online Stevens-Ness Law Publishing Co. - Portland, OR

Awesome, thank you. I thought it might have been the location notice form but wasn't sure. Unfortunately, after some more research I discovered the claim was grabbed back in January. Its a damn shame as that claim was a rich one. I also know the guy who grabbed it as well. He has a few other claims up creek a ways, and last I spoke to him he was looking to finding new ground down creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread