Did I just become an outlaw?

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In California, the DFW now has the power to ban all forms of Gold panning. You can pick up gold on your claim for the purpose of discovery, but you can't "dig" for it in a waterway. The Rinehart summary clearly gives the state "Police powers" not limited to suction dredging. Nowhere in the Rinehart summary does it say the state has a limit to its Police power. Did I miss it? If so, did my focus just shift to how not to get caught? Am I an outlaw now?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all are as of January and another bill signed in april??? sooo many new restrictions/transfership of lead agencies pushed through the state legislature. I just do what I've done for over 60 years and the devil can kiss my -posted here/dredge forum new rules signed by fairy brown -John

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In California, the DFW now has the power to ban all forms of Gold panning.

No it doesn't.

It's this kind of exaggeration and "the sky is falling" attitude that causes other miners to roll their eyes and walk away from any discussion of mining in California.

If California miners want to have any progress on keeping their mining rights they need to quit the drama and get serious about the facts.

Being distracted by BS like "nuclear bomb" mining, "all motors are banned" and "takings" lawsuits have wasted what little resources California miners have managed to apply to fighting the dredging ban. Now you would like us to believe that you can't use a gold pan? Sounds like you need to buy another adventure pass so you can park.

The fact is the California suction dredging permit system is being challenged in the courts, not gold panning, not highbanking, not motorized mining - just dredging permits.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for expanding on what I had to say Barry:icon_thumright:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do your dredging/highbanking with sniper cover, that is, if you've ignored all the infringements on your gun rights out there.

Fill your holes! Game wardens make great backfill!

If the state wants to call you an outlaw, then BE an outlaw, and make them regret it!

As Christians, Christ told us to turn the other cheek, and yes we should do so. But this is to give the opponent the benefit of the doubt that he might have done so mistakenly. If he hits you again, YOU NOW KNOW HE IS TRULY YOUR ENEMY! TAKE ACTION! But instead, too many keep turning the other cheek until they're six feet under. That's what's happened to us, and everything else that's good in this country. We're at the point of fight and maybe survive, or roll over and die anyway.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets not talk about shooting and burying leo's if anything they're just trying to do their jobs. The vast majority in gold country are against all this hogwash anyways. It's bad enough we have the misinformation that is spread by "miners" in threads like these. Thank goodness for guys like Barry.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it doesn't.

It's this kind of exaggeration and "the sky is falling" attitude that causes other miners to roll their eyes and walk away from any discussion of mining in California.

If California miners want to have any progress on keeping their mining rights they need to quit the drama and get serious about the facts.

Being distracted by BS like "nuclear bomb" mining, "all motors are banned" and "takings" lawsuits have wasted what little resources California miners have managed to apply to the dredging ban. Now you would like us to believe that you can't use a gold pan? Sounds like you need to buy another adventure pass so you can park.

The fact is the California suction dredging permit system is being challenged in the courts, not gold panning, not highbanking, not motorized mining - just dredging permits.

Heavy Pans

Barry, could this be used to fight the Auburn State Rec Area fees? We're parking in the middle of know where and there's a box to put your $10.00 in to park along the river roads...

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Barry, could this be used to fight the Auburn State Rec Area fees? We're parking in the middle of know where and there's a box to put your $10.00 in to park along the river roads...

You are making a voluntary contribution when you pay parking fees on public lands Reed.

The first question that comes to mind is whether the parking area is on public land?

The second question would be do you want to make a contribution?

If the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second is no you already have a link to the 9th Circuit decision to hand the judge should the ASRA goons decide to push the issue.

Why not just leave a copy of the court order on your windshield when you park? Share a few copies with other potential voluntary donors while you are there. The law and the courts are on your side. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm surprised nobody has built a bicycle powered dredge. Also some how I got some kind of malware that only shows up when I use this site.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised nobody has built a bicycle powered dredge. Also some how I got some kind of malware that only shows up when I use this site.
You'd need to hire Lance Armstrong with plenty of steroids. Probably need Jack LaLane for back up as well.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Does the malware slow down the loading? I have noticed that recently.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the malware slow down the loading? I have noticed that recently.

I can only post using Avast SafeZone browser. I just downloaded Norton to try and see if it would block the ad/malware and Norton Antivirus was ineffective. And yes it seems very slow to download in Chrome browser. I'm not sure what is causing it.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second is no you already have a link to the 9th Circuit decision to hand the judge should the ASRA goons decide to push the issue.

Heavy Pans

Did I miss something? Which 9th Circuit decision are you referring to?

T

Tuolumne

I would support these orgs if they had a page listing all the donations and expenses on the web site, how do we really know? it should not need to be asked and passed in secret, it should be a tool to show how open and honest the org is.......no one uses the transparency as a tool.....Call me a outlaw if want to support strait shooters at all angles, show me your year to date donations and what goal is being sought after? someone give me a link to a mining advocacy/land rights group that is transparent like this and im signing up.........anyone have a good example, maybe were missing something here in Alta California but it seems the same all around......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread