Mining Demonstraton Grants Pass OR Saturday September 24th 10am - 4pm (

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam from Armadillo mining posted this on another forum and I thought I would post here for you and her. I wish I could make it

ratled

When & Where:
SATURDAY,SEPTEMBER 24.2016 10-4
JOSEPHINE COUNTY COURTHOUSE LAWN
GRANTS PASS,OREGON

This is a quick view of what we have planned this SATURDAY!
It is evolving into a fun event!

Lectures on and off all day by:
Tom Kitchar- status of 838, what we can do, state capitol rally in March, mining law
senator bates legacy bill and writing a counter bill
Kerby Jackson- Mining History, Mining Districts
Josh Bohmker- Future of small time mining
Claudia Wise with Joe Green- Science studies of Dredging
Dennis Dickson from White's Metal Detectors
Tom Bohmker (pending) gold geology, pocket deposits of southern Oregon

BBQ:
This is to serve a few purposes:
Creating a "fun/ welcoming" atmosphere
Keeping people interested in staying for more than an hour.
To encourage those on the fence about coming that it will be worth it.
And of course to keep us all happy and full!

Menu:
Hot Dogs/Sausage Dogs/ Hamburgers
Mac/ Potato Salad
Chips
Cookies
Water

DEMONSTRATIONS:
Mining equipment is to be set up on the front steps and sidewalk leading up to the steps. We will not be able to set up on the grass, or the main sidewalk. We are planning on having a recirculating sluice with lead and concentrates to demonstrate lead removal and retention within the sluice.

poster boards to hang up inside a pop-up tent showing effects of dredging on small scale, commercial scale, and mother nature.

hand outs that Scott Harn (ICMJ) has sent us about setting up mining districts, and the power mining districts have.

Kerby Jackson is working on a hand out of Oregon Mining District Locations

Samantha (Armadillo) will be playing the part of social butterfly. Please Please Please be sure to check in with Sam as she will be making a master list of all those in attendance, which we will use for statistical purposes, contact information for the state capitol rally in March, and contacts for support.

Other Support Groups

To date, State of Jefferson, the local E. Clampus Vitus, and members of the 3% movement will be in attendance.

Most, if not all of our state and local representatives, and senators have been contacted.

Remember, this is a fun event, a practice event for Salem, and to have fun. No angry sign waving! The goal is to bring in people, not scare them off! There will be lots of walkers that morning with the Grants Pass Growers Market happening down the street.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam asked me to add 2 flyers to this thread and to say they all appreciate the strong support T Net folks gives them and the Oregon cause.

ratled

Attachments

• Suction Dredge Demonstation.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • Raffle Ad for Publication.pdf
    532.5 KB · Views: 36

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need more of this kind of event,,,,, I would be there (800 miles for me so you have no excuse) if we did not have an outing on the same weekend.

T

Tuolumne

We need more of this kind of event,,,,, I would be there (800 miles for me so you have no excuse) if we did not have an outing on the same weekend.

I second that.....we do need more of this kind of event in nor cal........besides the mother load, Im mining most in Del Norte and the rouge/agness/gold beach area. I like the teach in aspect.......I will be up gold beach picking mushrooms soon.....

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Armadillo mining today. Great folks! Very knowledgeable. 38 years they have been in business. I was schooled on the blue bowl, which was set up and running in the shop.... And the Black magic sluice, also set up and running....Both with gold in them. Gold cube was taken apart, explained and discussed.
Really cool mining history artifacts. Smart ladies!. They are also doing an event in North Bend in November.
I'am trying to swing a deal so I can own a cabin on the Applegate river over there. Josephine county has a rich mining history. I believe the "Oregon gold rush" started there.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did it go?

Winners, If a Bates bill like SB1530 is introduced you will need all of the miners up there to oppose it at all of the committee hearings. Once the draft bill is available get as many knowledgeable people as you can to review it and pick it apart. Then get the information out to everyone, I mean everyone, write letters at every stage to every committee then pack the hearings with miners.

Ultimately, the responsibility will fall on the local miners. Hopefully some dedicated few can get everyone fired up and involved in the process. Perhaps the Waldo, Galice and Jefferson mining districts will have the direction, willingness and resources to step up on this one. We will do what we can from here but ultimately it is up to the local mining community step up. Keep us informed,,,, Let me know if I can do anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread