Newbie Intro

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears I've stumble upon the "mother lode" of forums!

Originally from Washington State we've relocated just northwest of Sacramento this past January. Fly fishing/tying has been a hobby for the last 43-years, but after sticking my bare feet in the water and panning for an hour back in August... Yes, my very first pan had a nice shiny flake!

Gold1.jpg

Yes, I am a total newbie with the general idea to finding gold and perhaps it may have been "beginner's luck, but all 3 of my trips have been a success (at least in my book)! Several tools, buckets and three sluices later... I guess the "fever" has set in.

Second trip. Looks like I found a little mercury attached to my gold:

Gold2.jpg

Here's a picture from the last trip to the North Yuba this past week:

Gold.jpg

I have been working this spot along the bank behind the rock in the right foreground and under the roots.

Rock and roots.jpg

We're off on another 2-day hunt this evening. Hope I will be able to post a lot less black in the bottom of the pan!

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the asylum A.C. There are a lot of members from here in your area and most of them are ready, able and willing to help a beginner out. (Which way did you come in again?) Take the time to get to know some of them and it will help you out a lot. All of us have that infection and believe in spreading it around as much as possible! ;)

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Now that you have a fever that has no cure just withdrawals you need to pass the initiation test. It usually involves band aids, embarrassing moments, or just plain stupid on the river. Then you'll be a full fledged miner! Don't be afraid of telling us. We like a good laugh! Any questions ask away!

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're finding that kinds of gold on your first couple of trips, you're most certainly on the right track!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au Chit,
Welcome! You are in a very good location as your can go out in most any direction and locate gold bearing flowing water. I've spent quite a few years in the backcountry, initially enjoying the scenery/fishing/hiking-camping with friends and my children and then I found my first gold, you know how that goes. The rivers are running low right now so the hunting should be good. Check the typical locations and then sit back and look at where you are at and then sample some of the areas a little higher up away from the water. Never know till one samples what could be waiting for the light of day to come upon it!............63bkpke

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and Big Gold from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking Yuba pickers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread