Some positive Media for us miners :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys need to build on this. :headbang:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's hear it for the Sheriffs that are standing up for our rights! California isn't the only state where this has been happening. Sheriffs in Idaho have also been doing the same thing and I'm sure there are some in other states. Many of these federal agencies (F.S/BLM/EPA etc) have been exceeding the mandate of their charters for way to long and they often forget that they are only allowed to enforce state laws by the good graces of the County Sheriff. We need more sheriffs that follow this policy and are willing to stand up to the federal bullies.

Know the laws, follow the rules and if confronted by ANY law enforcement personnel, always be polite even if THEY become confrontational. Document everything you can if for no other reason than to C.Y.A. I'd also like to say here that if the LEO is nice and treats you with respect, we should give then the kudos they deserve by letting their boss(es) know what a good job they're doing. MAYBE if we do this enough, the higher ups will figure out that having officers that have a chip on their shoulder is not the way to go when hiring new people.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are some bad apples that get on a power & control trip, they should be reported to the county sheriff.
I hear all that happened to these FS LEO's is they got transferred to the Angeles National forest.

for some of us we still have to deal with our local FS people, it's best to get to know them and not pre judge
plus I like looking them in the eyes as I have an irrational fear of getting shot in the back...

there are LEO's, Police and first responders out there doing a good job keeping us safe that deserve our respect.

a talk with FS LEO with another perspective in Trinity County (starts getting good at about 5min in)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the insanity I have had to deal with for over 28 years in redneck trinity county. Ergo brainwashed ignoramus with a mouthful of chaw, most appealing in a female. Show the law and they refuse to even try to understand. The Sheriffs are CONSTITUTIONAL Sheriffs as ELECTED and not appointed who follow the supervisors boards insane mandates. Proof that no matter how incompetent a person may be...in the fs...they are promoted to a position of total incompetence..sic sic sic-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Peter Principal. A person will rise through the ranks of employment until he/she can no longer competently do his job. There he will remain.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a very good news story all things considered. It is good to see that all of the news agencies are not totally biased. But I was a good bit disappointed in the final version of this story. First, they got the miners name wrong,,, it was not Rick Eddy,,, it was Rick Selfa. Then, they edited out a huge volume of much better footage and information. And then it took almost a year to get it aired. A lot of the delay was stall tactics by the Forrest Service, they would not provide statements or information to the reporter so he had to do FOIA requests for it then wait and get the run around a thousand times.

I guess I should not complain about a mostly positive story.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was more positive then the last one they aired that we were told was supposed to be for us... but with Izzy's help behind the scenes that one went way against us. Rick's name was wrong but that's normal for the media and didn't change the story line at least :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread