Stumbled across a new goldfarb today

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So this is not a new idea but it is a clever adaptation. It works on the same principal of a elutration tower...aka Goldwell
I like this because its simple and easy to build.
Water is pumped into the bottom (right side) and water spills out the left end. Material is added in the upturned spout and heavies settle into the downturned spout....if the water pressure is adjusted just right.

14468477_10208416080532499_4185348535129732265_o.jpg

Upvote 0

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be better if all the straight tubing was clear pvc pipe so that you could see what was happening inside. That would cut the learning curve a lot, instead of doing a million clean outs to see when the water flow was right.
Just a thought.

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be better if all the straight tubing was clear pvc pipe so that you could see what was happening inside. That would cut the learning curve a lot, instead of doing a million clean outs to see when the water flow was right.
Just a thought.

I agree and I think it would work a lot better if it were a bit steeper

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is a goldfarb? Is that old fashioned for a MacGyver?

I think Hoser John invented this term a looong time ago. It describes any gold recovery device that is designed and built at home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread