Miners meet

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Foresthill meeting . What day is it. Internet crap ...where im at. Can't search. Ill be there because my interests lie within this community. If mmac or amra gppa or wma have any part please let me know. I do not wish them to disease my community. Stay away.. california has enough issues. We don't need u nor are you appreacitef in anyway shape or form.. I cAn not state this enough.mmac never ever will represent me. Not in make believe nor in actual life. Thier claim to do so is a fraud and not recognised by me nor any real authority. In fact I stand against them. I. A claim holder and I will never recognize any bullshit they organize. I hope this meeting is the community..

Amra supports mmac. Truth is amra will support anything that puts a dollar in thier pocket. Like I said soft hands.. don't believe me shake the ladies hand.. (Shannon) .. so soft.. Anyway . Have good day. Get some gold and don't screw me and your community over by supporting beggars.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh he said that....O.V. you know I'm for miners rights I'm not Bashing Amra or Gpaa. I do wish they did some things differently in their efforts . I have never questioned their intent. I know to many members and they are all smart upstanding people.

MMAC is a wholly different animal

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand But, I don't want to see you get booted either. pm me your contact info just in case you get a time out. I have plans for the bash already. And I want to hit up Oregon next fall and would like to run into you if you don't make the bash this year

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure you heard from them that it happened that way. The fact remains that the founders of MMAC don't have claims in Kern or San Bernadino county so if you know about mining districts you know what that means.

Miners always have representation they just don't seem to know how to use it until someone else tells them how they are gonna do it for them. I'm not trash talking I don't know what Victor had to say about it. I'm just pointing out facts.

**One of the founders of MMAC is currently working a 160+ acre commercial placer mining claim in the Rand Mining Distirct

**I've had a front row seat in the re-birth of this mining district and have PERSONALLY been affected by the dynamics of it

**I have been to BLM meetings in Ridgecrest(BLM field office) and have seen FIRST HAND how government authority has changed the way it carries its self since the Rand Mining District has re organized.

Have you?......I didn't think so.

A bit more fact checking before going off on some negative rant couldn't hurt.....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not his claim hes mining under a contract.

Produce the paperwork that shows blm changed anything because of them vs. the blm just dealing with a little bit of solidarity by miners. There has been huge presence there for decades. I used to live in Lone Pine and have spent quite a bit of time in the area prospecting and digging on claims I was invited to. It has not changed much in the last several decades. Prospecting has not been on the decline there and BLM has not been heavy handed. Don't assume.

And none of that has any thing to do with the fact that MMAC has no business telling people that these magic boundaries will be their savior. If you read the mining law and history of districts and apply logic it is clear that MMAC can not do what they claim to do.

There are ridiculous regulations in this state. Even worse for wet placer miners. Though it is true today as it has been for a long time now that most small scale and especially retiree prospectors convince themselves that they can't mine way more effectively than the BLM's minimal effort. A gate in the desert is like a screen door in a submarine....( legit property owners put them up way more than the feds)You guys just keep yelling at each other while your campfire flame lights up your fifth wheels if it makes you feel better. But, shame on you for supporting more layers and trying to inact regulations that are supposed to affect what I do where I am.

Furthermore...I could do some research or make some phone calls for that matter, make a trip to Goler or other less pounded areas locally and do some digging find some gold like I've done numerous times and have no issues with BLM I never have. There are several prospectors I know who do it all the time and like me they know MMAC is a farse and not necessary or helpful.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
**One of the founders of MMAC is currently working a 160+ acre commercial placer mining claim in the Rand Mining Distirct

**I've had a front row seat in the re-birth of this mining district and have PERSONALLY been affected by the dynamics of it

**I have been to BLM meetings in Ridgecrest(BLM field office) and have seen FIRST HAND how government authority has changed the way it carries its self since the Rand Mining District has re organized.

Have you?......I didn't think so.

A bit more fact checking before going off on some negative rant couldn't hurt.....

I would like to see more facts too. I'm glad you are sharing your experience with the Rand Mining District. It's always best to hear it from someone who is there.:thumbsup:

First question: There is a lot of talk about a Memorandum Of Understanding being signed by the MMAC/Rand Mining District and the BLM. I can't seem to find a copy of that anywhere, could you share where we could read that document?

Second question: Did Joe Martori pay his 5:1 habitat compensation fees and pass his bond review this fall? It would be nice to hear he can finally mine after all these years.

Third question: Is Joe Martori a voting member of the Rand Mining District? ???

I guess that's all for now. Thanks for offering to share some facts with us. I appreciate you taking the time to fill us in.

Heavy Pans

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are in LA on bended knee trying to pry cash outta GPAA to pay bills yesterday. Keith Walker told'm all to pound sand and stayed home as the 14 in San Bernadino the kaka hits the fan YAHOO for the single REAL miner. John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris is an Amra member many attending are also. Maybe Victor can explain to them all of his ideas to change the situation to his liking. It would be a great opportunity to tell the members how dumb they are in person as well.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not dumb. They Just have been bamboozled. Ill speak my piece becouse I care becouse i believe in it. Not becouse im trying to get people to like me. Not becouse my sole ecsistance Is dependant on donations anyway. I rather stay away I have real work to do. But I fear that mmac or amra are on a path that will have grave consequences if they are allowed to continu thier mockery of miners at miners exspense.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to see more facts too. I'm glad you are sharing your experience with the Rand Mining District. It's always best to hear it from someone who is there.:thumbsup:

First question: There is a lot of talk about a Memorandum Of Understanding being signed by the MMAC/Rand Mining District and the BLM. I can't seem to find a copy of that anywhere, could you share where we could read that document?

Second question: Did Joe Martori pay his 5:1 habitat compensation fees and pass his bond review this fall? It would be nice to hear he can finally mine after all these years.

Third question: Is Joe Martori a voting member of the Rand Mining District? ???

I guess that's all for now. Thanks for offering to share some facts with us. I appreciate you taking the time to fill us in.

Heavy Pans

Clay,

Last time I stopped by Joe's mine he was in the process of over-hauling and re-building his placer mining program and only up on weekends. I've seen him plenty of times speeking at public meetings at the BLM Ridgecrest Field office and when he talks those people listen. He seems to have a good relationship with the BLM person in charge of this part of the Mojave. I have seen first hand dirt roads re-opened after some of these meetings. It is my belief that the MOU is pending and I will try to get the answers to your other questions.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay,

Last time I stopped by Joe's mine he was in the process of over-hauling and re-building his placer mining program and only up on weekends. I've seen him plenty of times speeking at public meetings at the BLM Ridgecrest Field office and when he talks those people listen. He seems to have a good relationship with the BLM person in charge of this part of the Mojave. I have seen first hand dirt roads re-opened after some of these meetings. It is my belief that the MOU is pending and I will try to get the answers to your other questions.

Thanks for the reply Hard Prospector.

The reason I asked about the MOU was the ICMJ recently (this September) published an article indicating the MOU was a done deal.

The Rand Mining District requested a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) be established with the BLM following this meeting. This MOU has been completed. As a direct result, Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACECs) within the Rand Mining District will be removed.

The second part about the ACEC's being removed led me to ask about Joe's requirement to pay those fees. From the Ridgecrest California Desert District Advisory Council Meeting:

Minerals: Saleable and Locatable
BLM Action: BLM RIFO continues to process minerals sales and small mining claims.

Sleepy Bear Mining, Fremont Valley: Need to review bond and collect 5:1 habitat compensation. Both are conditions of approval for any authorized expansion.

Curiously Joe's mining land is private patented land - not a mining claim and not on federal lands. :dontknow:

Thanks for clearing up Joe's work plans. He's been planning on rebuilding his equipment for quite a few years so even though I haven't seen his operation lately I'm guessing it's all shiny new looking and close to beginning operations?

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Victor :)
Paul, Karen and I will be there also and look forward to seeing you as always.

I look forward it to i meant to visit u earlier this year
Just got busy. Big crop this year lots to harvest
.anyway been workin in Placerville for last month or so
. See u soon

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward it to i meant to visit u earlier this year
Just got busy. Big crop this year lots to harvest
.anyway been workin in Placerville for last month or so
. See u soon

Hope to meet both of you...:occasion14:

It will be fun and we'll all have to share a few brews :)

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm nervous. Mmac has asserted its position at my and yours exspence. Nothing has been done. I will assert my voice to the community. Thats simple. Ivevdone so for years. Proven. Let me account for years past. I Will Not stand with Chris Giorgio nor do I stand with amra. Nor mmac. Let me not stand alone. I stand with my community. Not for person as l gain. But gain for all of U.S.. I do not preach change. I'll give my community blood. Ask Shannon for the same. He'll ask for donations. ..

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you don't stand with them then attend the meeting and voice your concerns. Just because AMRA and MMAC are facilitating a meeting doesn't mean they'll be running the district. Everything the district does is up to the claimants. Any of the claimants can make a motion at the meeting and the attending claimants vote. The first district I was involved with organizing we expressly voted to say no to affiliating with MMAC at the time of organization. We didn't see any benefit from it nor did we need another for-profit company reaching into our pocket.

As for the Mariposa one, that will be interesting. While it has two MMAC administrators at the top, both explicitly said at the meeting that if the district rejects MMAC affiliation, they're OK with it and honestly, it's not like they have a choice. If the district members say no, then it is what it is...

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at an introduction meeting and was told after the district is formed under mmac it becomes administered as a representative organization.
who ever you vote in as president or board member make all the decisions the district is not run democratically.
I'm concerned because mmac LLC. is a for-profit company with no checks & balances, or accountability on spending.
So if the bill they want to put through congress never passes are we left with privatized mining districts?
- Arizona Corporation Commission eCorp - MMAC LLC.

What I've read about the PLP, MMAC rift, I would like to put off our area joining until I get more information
I guess I have to come up with the right questions to ask...

Last edited:

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My money says the bill never passes. Not to mention the last thing I want is more government oversight.

On the district meetings, the members vote to give the board members that power or not. If the claimants don't want it, they vote it. My opinion is the claimants should allow the board members to draft the new bylaws and then bring them to a district vote.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread