Gear list?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
attachment-5.jpeg

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chainsaw, two #2 shovels, sucker tubes, extra spare tire, .308 during buck season with appropriate gear, comealong, handyman jack, towstrap and length of 5/16 cable. Gosh, there is more, but after all it's the change of seasons here in Oregon and the time of year when I can get out there!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detector w/wireless head set, extra batteries, folding shovel, sifter, BatPan, Gad Pry Bar, magnifying lens, sample bucket, some food & water, SPOT Messenger, 454 Casull (John where I Would go if I could is heavy with bears so I carry this monster, I'd be tense all the time with a .357 on me) and of course a real camera, a shade hat, leather gloves, a hiking staff, some solid boots for ankle protection, a good first aid kit, insect repellent (especially if I was in Alaska), water walkers (tennis shoes or the like), a pack to carry it all in and that's just ifin I was on a day hike...................63bkpkr {shure would like to be out there!}

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My trailer is ALWAYS packed with everything I need to get out! And I mean everything! The trouble is , now Im beat up and finding it a lot harder to do this and may have to give it up and sell it all! My fiends refer to me as the rolling hardware store! When I used to go out , it was to far to turn around and get something that I forgot or need. 16 hours one way is but a short trip to dredge with good friends! And NOW we are getting old and slowly dropping out!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the road again.jpg Me also Russ as one hitch and away we go. Over 6" of rain and 75 mph winds here in Redding yesterday and now the next 2 days brings in the BIG ONE :headbang:..John

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey John...... I've got some plans for a combo Ark/Dredge if you're interested. Sounding like ya might need one here soon!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
:icon_thumright: Years back Bill Brew came up with a idea of using the pontoons off a house boat to build a real nice dredge. Now that all you see on Bering Sea Gold. But its been in my (small ) brain ever since of building one to live on and merrily go up the Misery River or the Mississippi River and dredge as I go! Lots of sand permits BUT no other types that I could find. Makes me start thinking of a 6 inch dredge with a remote tv camara...............and a BIG cooler of liquid refreshments!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ol' Mo & Missipi has many treasures as the coarse has changed by miles throughout history in 100s of areas. Many years ago a farmer uncovered a settlement and found some righteous artifacts and coinage also. Can't wait to see you on discovery channel Russ :occasion14: John

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey John...... I've got some plans for a combo Ark/Dredge if you're interested. Sounding like ya might need one here soon!

I can just see Tony Beets as Moses...
"Alright you "BEEP"ing animals...pair up two by two now. There ya go. NO!!! "BEEP"! Side by side "BEEP"it. OK..you elephants can line up single file then. HEY!!! NO!!! No mounting back there! QUIT CUTTING in LINE "Beep"it! :censored: HURRY your "Beep" up, it's raining again! BEEP! BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:icon_thumright: Years back Bill Brew came up with a idea of using the pontoons off a house boat to build a real nice dredge. Now that all you see on Bering Sea Gold. But its been in my (small ) brain ever since of building one to live on and merrily go up the Misery River or the Mississippi River and dredge as I go! Lots of sand permits BUT no other types that I could find. Makes me start thinking of a 6 inch dredge with a remote tv camara...............and a BIG cooler of liquid refreshments!

Can't wait to see you on discovery channel Russ :occasion14: John

Yeah but in Season two, Discovery makes Russ add showgirls and slots!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see you on discovery channel Russ :occasion14: John

Yeah but in Season two, Discovery makes Russ add showgirls and slots!

The slots are for mining the other miners! :laughing7:

For me it's:

Bed board
Sleeping mat
Blanket
Military mummy bag
Model 4 & 5 fluid beds/mounting racks/tub
Pump bucket (contains pumps and also acts as filter)
Battery
2x 2 gal buckets
2x 3.5 gal buckets
2x 6 gal buckets
110W of solar panels
Solar panel frames
Shovel
Hand scoop
Garden pick
10-20x magnifyer
Snuffer
8oz squirt bottle
1/4" and window screen classifiers
10 and 14" pans
Vials
Freeze dried food
Cooler w 3 gal water & other drinkables
Map books
Wetsuit and snorkeling gear
Toilet paper
Garbage bags
Extra clothing
Saiga 12 shotgun with 2x 10 round mags of slugs.

And the absolute must....Pyrethrin fly spray to nuke the stable flies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread