Prospecting
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I always keep as much as possible together as I covet those specimens. His gold his choice but would have made a nice show piece-John

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:icon_scratch: I always keep as much as possible together as I covet those specimens. His gold his choice but would have made a nice show piece-John

His gold, his choice, I like that! Nicely said.

All the best,

Lanny

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! They make it look so easy. Darn video editing. =p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Guess it's his to do with as he pleases in the end. Not really sure if he could have gotten some nice specimens out of it or not.

I like the look of specimen gold more than all it's other flavors.

Give me these and I'll be a happy camper. Don't even really care how much gold is in it as long as it looks cool. Going to stay as is....No smashing allowed.

Specimen.jpg Specimen2.jpg Specimen3.jpg

I just couldn't smash something like these. The following are not mine they are on display at Ironstone Winery.

DSCN0544 (2).JPG

Nuggets can be cool depending on the texture and natural shape of them.

LittleBear.jpg

Picked the above up while doing some armchair eBay prospecting. Looks like a bear munching on a berry bush too me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Guess it's his to do with as he pleases in the end. Not really sure if he could have gotten some nice specimens out of it or not.

I like the look of specimen gold more than all it's other flavors.

Give me these and I'll be a happy camper. Don't even really care how much gold is in it as long as it looks cool. Going to stay as is....No smashing allowed.

View attachment 1371284 View attachment 1371285 View attachment 1371286

I just couldn't smash something like these. The following are not mine they are on display at Ironstone Winery.

View attachment 1371289

Nuggets can be cool depending on the texture and natural shape of them.

View attachment 1371312

Picked the above up while doing some armchair eBay prospecting. Looks like a bear munching on a berry bush too me.

Looked to me like they had two nice ones on first break .

Nice pieces on your pics :icon_thumright:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When still stuck in the quartz, it's just stock lode gold. He could have gotten a small speci maybe. I run everything through a jaw crusher first and pull the specimens out but it has to weigh ¼ozt or more and look really good. Otherwise It goes into the impact and then its all poured. I've kept a couple just for samples for people to look at but for lode gold, 99.9% is melted into buttons.
DSCF0004 (3).jpg DSC00186.JPG Gold 003 (2).jpg sample.jpg

Gold 2004 011.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takoda, looks more like the bear that ripped my tent apart, destroyed my air mattress and a few other things before deciding that indeed there was nothing edible in the tent. My mistake was zipping the tent closed. The gold nugget is way cool though!....63bkpkr

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takoda, looks more like the bear that ripped my tent apart, destroyed my air mattress and a few other things before deciding that indeed there was nothing edible in the tent. My mistake was zipping the tent closed. The gold nugget is way cool though!....63bkpkr

The little bear nugget is mine. Was looking for nuggets for detector target practice. It's only .75 grams but has a natural shape that resembles a bear. Funny thing is the seller comes from a jewelry family and I guess he didn't notice it. Probably could have sold it for double what i payed as a pendant.

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The little bear nugget is mine. Was looking for nuggets for detector target practice. It's only .75 grams but has a natural shape that resembles a bear. Funny thing is the seller comes from a jewelry family and I guess he didn't notice it. Probably could have sold it for double what i payed as a pendant.

I think the " Quote " in my post might be what crossed up 63 on that . :laughing7: We all make mistakes from time to time . :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread