Oregon DEQ WPCF 600 Permit question

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oregon DEQ sent me a renewal notice that I have to fill out a renewal application no later than Dec.31st and they will not accept new applications after the permit expires on Jan 31st 2017. Does anyone have an opinion whether I really need this permit? I feel I don't want to abide by a contract with these bufoons if I will be protected by the mining law of 1872. I currently prospect on federal land mostly and some on private timberland. Some is essential salmon habitat and some is not. Thanks for any input. (I'm getting older and over whelmed with all these crazy "laws and regulations")

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks winners! So I'll go mobile. So this permit is for above the high water line. I have another question. What about pumping water in non esh on federal land and working in the stream? Sorry for the questions.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in-stream not ESH less than 50cy is not considered removal/fill but would still be under the 700pm
I was only checked for a permit one time when I was dredging on the Rogue river 6 years ago.
talked to lots of deputy sheriffs, BLM LEO's before and since none asked for a permit.
in 2014 on the umpqua we had 5 dredges running in the same area, deputy told us we shouldn't be so close
so we put them side by side and told him DEQ just didn't want our discharge to cross, he was fine with it.
I only know a few people that have gotten the 700pm the rest refuse, as far as I know no one has been cited
non-ESH or in the moratorium area's, if you're off down in a canyon no one is going to bother you.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called and got the skinny on section E it's not site-specific you can still go anywhere statewide if you file as "mobile"
they said to just put down the spot you go to most, might be less hassle to put a spot that not ESH
for the WPCF600 there are 1534 issued compared to 404 of the 700PM dredge permits.

DEQ search all permits; Oregon DEQ: Wastewater Permitted Facility Contact Report Criteria
(GEN06 & GEN07PM)

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the input. I also got notice to renew mine and forgot all the details.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread