Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=3]SHASTA COUNTY VETS STANDDOWN[/h]
ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘ď„‘
Hoser John



Posted 1 minute ago · Report post

Today through sunday free food,clothes,blankets,medical care,dental care,vet for pets,3 hots and a cot,job symposiums,counceling ,free checkups both mental and physical,free rides to/from,and much more. Shasta County Fairgrounds in Anderson 24/7. There are MANY homeless Vets who used to mine but here in calif(land of ignorance) they-us all- are being criminalized for their actions hence even worse off the past 8 years since moratorium and all out attack on all forms of mining in general. If you can donate or give rides as my 2 trucks will be rolling for sure. Anyhow any help for any Vet is always a good thing. I ONLY HIRE MINER VETS FOR ALL MY PROJECTS. John

Upvote 0

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a vet who mines still, and technically homeless, but I prefer "home free" ;)
I was at the stand down in Marysville in August, got some great gear (mainly a sleeping bag and a pair of Marine Corps issue boots!)
if you're a vet reading this and in that area, you owe it to yourself to make it there...doesn't matter if you're out-of-doors or livin' large, just go...and while you're at it, pick up a few of your bros and seestahs and share the ride.

too bad Anderson is too close to Redding :)

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Hoser for what you do. I can tell you that a 20 acre mining claim saved my sanity and soul after my return from VN in '67. Priceless. Anyone who helps in these standowns is a great American.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
There is also a stand down coming up here in Mohave County in the near future. I'll get more info about it and post it here a.s.a.p.

We need to get the word out on these events. If you can help your fellow vets please do. Donate some time, rides or materials if possible. It doesn't take much and so many vets would be grateful for just a little help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Irish as the number of homeless vets rises every year as this event is a huge city now as the needs grow and the word spreads. Kudos to anyone in/out of uniform always and those who contribute in any way-John

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is also a stand down coming up here in Mohave County in the near future. I'll get more info about it and post it here a.s.a.p.

We need to get the word out on these events. If you can help your fellow vets please do. Donate some time, rides or materials if possible. It doesn't take much and so many vets would be grateful for just a little help.

I can't find any solid info for the next Mohave County stand down, but early this year it was in Bullhead in early March.
didn't go, but someone handed me the info...you can also try nchv.org, but the info there can be spotty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread