A little about my avatar.......

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
It is an azurite, malachite, and copper geode that was found in Bisbee Arizona in 1860.... and it is a beauty.
I spent a little time in Bisbee but never got to see this specimen... Saw a ton of other incredible stuff though. It is a very interesting area to say the least.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cobal...49644/?&cuid=504433a7c7c1fb411b64cbc25993fc61

382704027_8dfcac045f_b.jpg

Upvote 0

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
been to BZB too...an interesting area is an understatement..weirdest town in AZ.
I was posting up for the night just by the Lavender pit, and heard this voice say to me "are you an angel?"
this was my first meet with a denizen of the Biz...Shannon, a 6'3"- black leather motorcycle jacket- with high heel pumps-wearing, and oh...long blond hair....whoa!
well, what can you say to that? ummm, hello?
a local bumper sticker sums it up: "Keep Bisbee Weird, Support Your Local Freaks"

I did find a little color in Gold Gulch, the local color was more abundant :)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Bisbee. Saying it's the weirdest town in AridZona is an understatement. Only town I've lived in with a huge pit (The Lavender Pit) smack dab in the middle of it and a leach heap as big as the pit is deep. It's mostly gone tourist now but there's still a lot of cool stuff to check out. Problem is that once you've checked everything out, there's nothing else to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread