Found an awsome field guide for prospecting

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I came across this field guide for prospecting. I is packed with good info on reading gold traps and info on placer gold and geology. It is packed with photos to help with understanding on what clues to look for to put you into a good spot. It is an e-book that I downloaded on my phone and I have it to reference every time I'm in the mountains prospecting. It is called "Last Chance The Prospectors Field Guide To Finding More Gold" . The authors name is Reese Townes. It is $3.99 and you can get it on i book, Nook (Barnes & Noble). It is well worth the four bucks.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GM, Google the title (in quotes) and you'll find a number of
on-line sellers.

Says it's an "e-book", so it's digital; never thought of a digital book
as a "field guide" ... but then I still use a "dumb" phone. :icon_scratch:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Dizzy!!!! You've got to get with the times here man! I've got all my maps and several books on my little notebook sized laptop. Heck... I can even access LandMatters and T-net in the field if needed. I wouldn't try it with my phone since the screen is so small. The phone is "Smart enough" just not large enough.

OP
OP
G

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not on amazon. It is on I book for iMacs and Apple products and nook which is Barnes & noble online books. Also kob o books

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions