President Elect Trump

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel a genuine optimism for the future of mining regarding public land access, rights respected, reasonable regulations and hopefully correcting some past wrongs that have plagued us small miners in recent memory.

**At least for the next 4-8 years.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that the silent majority finally got the kahunas to say "ya know what? We know what you're all up to and we're sick of it...and we can PROVE it!".

At least, that's my hope and as far as mining for us little guys goes? Could he possibly make it any worse? Not even if he intended to...IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judging by all the protests and celebrities packing up and leaving the country it doesn't seem like many people are happy Trump was elected. They are saying that it was rigged and votes were changed to make sure he won. Personally I don't like Trump or Hillary and I don't believe he will do anything to help this country in the long run especially since he's already wanting to start a war with Iran.

There is a famous people leaving the USA thread, so far we haven't been able to confirm a single one making good on their promises - feel free to jump in if you know of any.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/political-discussion/521017-trump-wins-goodbye-famous-people.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of no political post not related to gold prospecting is so hard to understand?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for a fact he doesn't like the over reach of the epa. That's one group he'll reign in. Get them off the backs of miners!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for a fact he doesn't like the over reach of the epa. That's one group he'll reign in. Get them off the backs of miners!
Example of a post that is related to gold prospecting and allowed. [emoji106]

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need to start drafting letters about the states and agency overreach taking away our right to mine
Small scale mining and prospecting are non-discretionary on public domain lands and yet they wont let us use tools other than just a gold pan?
the Trump transition team needs to know what problems need fixed and what needs to change.
The responsibility of our government is to protect, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness for all...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of Trumps platforms was the reduction of many overreaching Federal
regulations that are inhibiting business, and in order for the mining industry
(as a whole) to progress it means exploration and prospecting for deposits.

My guess is that before any of the ridiculous regs in Cal. get repealed, there
will be some battles over states rights vs. Federal rights. Hoping that he
will address the situation of the EPA's overreaching regs. on the water issues
(dredging?) and bring some common sense back to Federal lands. At the
moment those lands administrated by a crowd that think they own the land and
are just allowing us to use it.

It may not happen fast, but when it's brought to his attention I have no doubt
he'll do what he can to improve the situation. Trump's a decision maker, and
very skilled at delegating responsibilities to capable people. They'll talk, he
and his people will decide how to proceed, then he'll tell someone to go fix it.
And fix it they will...:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Trump said there are too many regulations. Being a small business owner I understand that.
Being a gold miner, prospector could be included in that thinking. Hey now..... Lets say your "mining" is a small business.... Not "recreational" :BangHead::laughing7::tongue3: I would bet the Donald would listen. Observe. Actually look at the facts!

President Trump.... See the fish swimming around, and through the dredge? They seem OK to me!
Turbidity? Visit here in the winter when the creeks/rivers/streams run "muddy" for weeks!
Yes sir you are correct...The fish are still thriving...

I think I'm running for congress.:headbang::headbang:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Trump talked many times about unlocking American resources to benefit
Americans . He talked about eliminating the " unwarranted " regulatory strangle
hold activist have pushed down this Nation's throat via fraudulent data , activist
propaganda , bribery , junk science and various other lies .
He talked about a bunch of other stuff that needs fixing too , but keeping with
the Gold Hunting subject matter , I hope that during the course of his presidency
he will be able to bring about some relief to my gold hunting friends out west .
They are the ones currently being stomped on the hardest .

I voted for Don . All my family voted for Don . Everybody I know voted for Don .
He had all the right enemies as far as I'm concerned . Now ..... we see what he
actually does ........ if he stay's true he will have to stay hard . He will also need
a second term to really " drain the swamp " . Trump is 70 years old ...... but seems
capable of going 8 years as president . My dad was sharp as a razor and working on
a tractor when he fell dead at 79 last summer . Heart just gave out . Hardest working
man I've ever known . He did not like wasting time . I hope President Trump is
like my dad in that regard .

God Bless America .

kurtak

Nov 5, 2016
Central Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Just trying to keep this on topic here, so I will ask. Why exactly do you feel this way?

I am not Hard Prospector but my answer would be --- because IF (big IF) Trump is able to do some/much of what he said he would do - he want to deregulate &/or gut much of the government bureaucracy that holds the small business &/or operator back (including but not limited to the EPA)

In other words - under current conditions - big government regulated bureaucracy caters to BIG business/operators (that can afford to meet the high cost of regulation) thereby preventing small business/operators from contributing to economic growth - Trump wants to change that

The question is how much of what he said he "wants" to do - will he actually be able to do ? --- Much of it still needs the approval of the house &/or senate & though the house & senate are republican majority - not all of them agree with (republican) Trump

Edit to add; - so although we may not see real &/or major change - there is at least now some hope for the little guy

Edit again to add; - so yes - I think there is at least some hope for the small miner/prospector to regain at least some of what we have lost

Kurt

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really get's me about the California vote is that somehow it went Hilary even with the entire gold belt and most of the state being Trump. If you look at the map below, Trump is in red, and still Hilary came up with more votes then she deserved. My problem is that even though the entire gold belt from the top to the bottom all voted red, the state still turned blue from the far left Pacific Coast, making our votes worthless. So yea, State of Jefferson is right up my alley because our votes would count like the rest of the nations. My mining isn't recreational, it's a business and it supports 4 families and Trump supports mining, his Grandfather was a Klondike miner - https://www.adn.com/commentary/arti...ather-struck-it-rich-klondike-how/2015/09/13/

Well he was definitely mining the miners and going for the gold. It would be nice if the east side of California actually had the chance to make our votes count. Most of the population is on the coast and them ruling all of California including the mining districts has really cramped our world. When you look at all the red in that map, it really makes me wonder why so little blue takes so much... And to top it off, the blue voted in the Background Checks are required to even buy a box of 22cal bullets in California... Here it is, the middle of the night, and I'm real happy that even though we in the red counties in California still got voted to blue, that the rest of the Country saved us all :)

2016 Presidential vote.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread