President Elect Trump

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could get this as a larger print! If this was a real picture (which it isn't !) Id see a LOT of promise for our future in mining / dredgeing / prospecting !
1Untitled copy.jpg
the original was a meme of environut Bob Ferris on cascadia wildlands https://www.cascwild.org/suction-dredgers-release-the-mccracken/
Bob-Suction-Dredging-300x313.jpg
the real photo and credit for the gold is of Bob O'Day of snowflake AZ in 2010 dredging on the Rogue river in Oregon
Mini_Gold_Rush.jpg
Gold seekers take a shine to Oregon | The Spokesman-Review

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys if I upset you. Urban dictionary meaning of weekend warriors is what I was thinking when I wrote.

" A person who regularily parties on weekends. When you drink or smoke up on the weekends you can be considered a weekend warrior "

"A person who has a boring rat race job, and compensates by being irresponsible during the weekend "

Wasn't implying anything about those who only have time to mine on weekends.

I figured you meant the non Miner, hunter outdoorsman. that does go to the outlands to hoop it up, not give a crap about it and leave it worse off. Most "weekend warrior" prospector, hunters, fisherman etc. are so busy all week that they get precious little time to hit the hills and typically take very good care of their spots. As normally they are the less accessible and not muddied up by the flatlanders. So, they tend to be more respectful than most.

Anyone who tries to go out in Socal nowadays is in for a bit of a mission trying to get away from the affects of the bad weekend warriors.

I totally got what you meant

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep ALL politics not related to gold prospecting out of thread and forum....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread