Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Me and Karen buy stuff for ourselves each year bout this time, so our season has begun. Different I know but it works. I got a 2017 muscle car calendar for the shop (and still waiting for) and a shop clock along with the holy grail of Prospecting. I searched for used books and found Fists Full of Gold...and got virtually a new copy for 19.95 delivered. The shop clock? If you like pinups and are a child of the 50's, well you know...pure gold. What's on your list?

026.JPG 009.JPG

Upvote 0
T

Tuolumne

Santa gave me that book last year, great read and great book if you could only have one, it's the one!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep its a very good book! I got it when it came out and had Chris autograph it for me 1st. what have I got on my Christmass list ? Well peace on earth and good will to all BUT I live close to Ferguson Misery and that aint gonna happen any time soon!:BangHead: Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
th (31).jpeg Great Find"

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah...it just came! :hello2:

Catch you guys later!! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, a lot of the material is basic. I'm going a different approach - skimming through all pages, but highlighting the areas I'm most interested in to start with. Then later I'll go back and read more carefully. But then that's just me. I seem to grasp things better that way.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Fists Full of Gold...and got virtually a new copy for 19.95 delivered. The shop clock? If you like pinups and are a child of the 50's, well you know...pure gold. What's on your list?

View attachment 1382398 View attachment 1382399

Jeff, I went to my local library and asked if they could get the book from another library. He looked it up and said they just got it in last week. Brand new book, I now own it for one month. lots of info.

I like the clock. My dad had a 53 light yellow caddy and that sure looks like my mom. Hmmm, I wonder. Naaa my mom was a blond.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL. That book is dam heavy. Good thing I got a belly to rest it on in bed. Just getting started on it. I am looking forward to some tips on investigating the mine I found last year. :icon_thumleft:

AND, I got more good stuff!

A DIY conversion of my shrimp gun for 100% recovery and transfer to a bucket or sluice. 007.JPG

And the muscle car calendar for the shop showed up (if I can't drive one again at least I can drool over em once a month)... 003.JPG

And a crack and crevice tool set for beginners...

cc tools.jpg

still waiting and wishing for... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N5NH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and that sweet little crevice tool from the first c&c video I posted from Two Toes.

What's on your list?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Still working on my book. I paid an extra $2 for the autographed copy. :icon_thumright:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Every book that I buy I try to get the Author to sign it ,if I can!! Who knows ,it may be worth lots of money down the road to my Great Grand kids or their kids .:occasion14:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice score Jeff!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got more stuff!!!

Got the C&C tool today from two toes and very impressed with the steel and workmanship. Plastic handle? Very comfortable in hand but a weak link possibly...we'll see. I promise to punish it properly in 2017 and report back. Arrived fast too for $13.99 total. :icon_thumleft:

001.JPG 005.JPG

And a progress report on the remote batt powered crack vac. Once I got it to seal good, it collapsed the plastic intake tube I had used so I had to go to steel with lamp style threaded lock nuts to cinch up to the 1/4" mesh hardware cloth I used to form the mold...then covered it with duct tape and strap ties and a couple of screws. It's coming along and testing so far has been promising...

006.JPG 010.JPG

AND...the crack and crevice back pack kit (in progress) ...

011.JPG 013.JPG

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, it finally got above 40 in the shed today so I was able to finish up the 18v Ryobi Shop Vac conversion to a crack & crevice vac. First I had to get some dry stuff comparable to crevice rock. I have that but all of it was either wet or frozen, so I put a pizza in the oven and dried a 1/2 cup of cons on the shelf underneath. (Don't tell Karen) :tongue3:

Anyways, final testing showed 100% recovery and transfer rate. To build only requires some 1/8" (correction not 1/4") hardware cloth around the intake, couple of 1/8" sheet metal screws (one top and one bottom) a couple of strap ties in front of the screws, duct tape, 6" male 3/8" threaded pipe, lock nuts, couple of washers, 12" of clear 3/8" hose. Not looking at much of an investment really and it was just sitting around anyway. Best of all it is light weight and AND all breaks down to fit in the C&C pack. :icon_thumleft:

001.JPG 006.JPG 013.JPG

I didn't time it but it got it all and fast enuff. :icon_thumright: Here's a video of it in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEXee-NBpo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread